- Government contracts and construction.
- Construction projects operations management.
- Project management; facilities management.
- Quality control/quality assurance (QC/QA) and quality management.
- Construction site and staff safety.
- Equal opportunity manager.
- Expert in construction project planning, estimating and scheduling.
Undisclosed Company, Director of Design Build Construction, 2006 - Present
- Director of Construction for over $100 million a year in military construction (COE).
- Responsible for all aspects of construction operations management; including full profit and loss, safety and quality management, weekly production reporting.
- Oversee projects from bidding phase to final completion including: in depth management of administrative efforts, contract issues, construction operations, quality control and safety risk management.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Operations and Project Manager, 2005 - 2006
- Senior operations for a company doing over $58 million a year in self-perform construction work on embassy, research facilities and medical labs.
- Responsible for all aspects of operations management including full profit and loss responsibilities, safety management, quality control and daily direct labor reporting.
- Created and implemented training programs for the entire company.
Department of Defense, 1994 - 2005
Chief of Facility Management, Senior Chief Petty Officer (Seabees), 2004 - 2005
- Facilities Chief at the premier military hospital in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Organized a Facility Management Program to maintain and improve over 30 facilities.
- Responsibilities included full profit and loss and all manpower management issues.
Regional Safety Chief (Seabees), 2003 - 2004
- Safety Chief for over 50,000 personnel assigned in the Naval 5th Fleet Command, Bahrain (Mid-east).
- Responsibilities included: Safety program development, safety implementation and oversight for entire organization.
- Led a 57% reduction in mishaps, a 97% reduction in employee sick leave, and an 87% reduction in lost workdays, resulting in an organizational savings of over $10 million annually, plus increasing readiness by 20%.
- Investigator for 27 mishap investigations valued at $22 million in damages annually.
- Developed a comprehensive pilot safety program that is used throughout the DOD, for both ashore and afloat safety.
- Led the development of the Department of Labor Safety Apprenticeship Program.
Vice President of Construction, Force Operations Chief (Seabees), 2003 - 2004
- Operations Chief for a $30 million in projects, with 8 Project Managers, 12 Project Supervisors. 12 Projects were completed ahead of schedule, under budget, with superb quality with a zero mishap record.
- Equal opportunity advisor for over 1000 employees.
- Conducted oversight on two equal opportunity surveys and 14 equal opportunity training seminars for over 2000 employees assigned to this region.
Business Development Consultant (Navy Recruiting), 2002 - 2003
- Sales Production Management Consultant for a 200 person sales force.
- Trained 32 sales representatives in 6 area offices, resulting in a 54% increase in sales.
Vice President of Construction (Seabees), Quality Control/Quality Assurance Manager, 2001 - 2002
- VP of Construction, ROICC and QC/QA Manager for the presidential retreat site 'Camp David.'
- Managed classified construction projects valued at over $20 million and with 16% completed ahead of schedule completion, $500,000 under the allotted budget and with a zero safety mishap record.
- Managed a material procurement liaison office of over $2.5 million in construction materials.
- Conducted managerial oversight on quality control/quality assurance programs for $10 million worth of construction projects.
Salesman, Sales Manager, District Sales Manager (Navy Recruiting), 1998 - 2001
Project Manager, Project Supervisor, Naval Construction Battalion, 1994 - 1998
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Project Management Institute
- Michigan Resident Builders Association
- Navy Chief Petty Officer Association
- Many awards and special recognitions.
Credentials - Selected Certifications and Licenses
- DOL Certified Counselor
- Certified Computer Technician
- Licensed Residential General Contractor
- Qualified Quality Control Representative - Certified by Corp of Engineers
- Federal Government Purchase Agent - Certified by the Department of Defense
- CPR/AED Qualified - Certified by American Red Cross
- Safety Manager - Company wide Safety Program Management, Certified by Department of Defense
- Equal Opportunity Manager - Management of EO program, Certified by Department of the Navy
- Licensed Builder, Maintenance and Alterations Contractor - Active License
- Construction Quality Control/Assurance Manager - Certified by Department of Defense
- M.S. Degree, Project Management, Thomas Edison State College, NJ
- B.S. Degree, Business Management, Thomas Edison State College, NJ