- Mass transportation planning, transportation engineering and related project management.
- Transportation experience with rail, bus, truck, bridge, terminal and people movement (escalator and elevator) systems.
- Management of certification and maintenance programs for a major mass transit system.
- Project management oversight for Federal Transit Administration (FTA) projects.
- Success in winning and managing major, multi-year, transportation contracts.
- Experience with toll road and toll bridge management and capital improvement programs.
- Worked on projects headed by: Federal Transit Administration; New York Metropolitan Transit Authority; Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority; and, Buffalo Light Rail, Operations Consultant - Woodward Corridor Light Rail.
- Responsible for the oversight of the Trinity Rail Express (TRE) commuter rail program providing upgrades in the system between Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas.
- Current monitoring project, Texas: CentrePort Station Improvement and Double Tracking Project; Belt Line Road Grade Separation Project; Lisa-Perkins (Market Center Boulevard) Double Tracking Project; and, the Valley View Double Tracking Project.
David Evans and Associates, Inc.
- Project Manager, Project Management Oversight (PMO), Lower Manhattan Recovery Office of Federal Transit Administration, New York City, NY.
- Responsible for the oversight of three major projects in Lower Manhattan: South Ferry Terminal; Fulton Street Transportation Center; and partial reconstruction of Route 9-A, destroyed on 9/11.
Hill International, Inc., Vice President of Mass Transit Group
- Responsible for marketing and managing mass transit projects.
- Certification of Maintenance Programs for New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
- Provided required and adequate maintenance and repair of assets for the MTA General Resolution authorizing Transportation Revenue Obligations with three operations, New York City Transit (NYCT), Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) and Metro-North Commuter Railroad Company (MNCRC).
- Led group that provided assessment of MTA assets to certified annual inspection, maintenance and repair programs.
- Won Project Management Oversight contract with Federal Transit Administration (FTA) with assignments that included capital projects for transit agencies in South Florida, Washington D.C. and Salt Lake City.
- Project Management Oversight Consultant to Metra (Northeast Illinois Railroad Corporation).
- Provided oversight consulting services to Metra's on its New Starts Program.
DMJM Harris, Vice President
- Program Management Consultant to Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission, operating 20 bridges between New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Assisted The Bridge Commission in establishing their major capital improvement program to rehabilitate its bridges.
- Project Director, general architectural and engineering services, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA).
- Headed five major firms providing architectural, engineering and construction management services for the expansion and rehabilitation of the WMATA rail and bus systems.
- Won a six year contract that included the purchase of new rail cars and buses, a new station, rehabilitation of elevators and escalators and system expansion along the Dulles Corridor.
- Resolved a vital relay problem which had caused the system to operate in manual as opposed to the automatic mode causing degradation of service.
Day & Zimmermann Infrastructure, Inc. Vice President
- Responsible for the division's mass transit consulting business and spearheaded effort resulting in major project work including:
- Independent Engineering Consultant (IEC) to the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
- Officer-in-Charge and Project Manager of a seven-year assignment in New York City, overseeing all capital projects for New York City Transit, Metro-North Railroad, Long Island Rail Road and Triborough bridges and tunnels.
- Oversight for major mass transit capital projects in Washington, D.C., Boston, San Francisco, San Jose, Houston and Orange County, CA.
- Systems Integration Consultant for the successful startup of a new $840 million light rail system in Dallas.
Transportation and Distribution (TAD), Director and Project Management
- Responsible for business development and project management of the firm's mass transit consulting business.
- Managed in-house staff and three sub-consultants performing financial, engineering and computer simulation analyses.
- Systems Engineering for the Buffalo Light Rail Rapid Transit System, an eight year project that resulted in $25 million in billings.
- Managed acquisition study of the Chicago South Shore Line for the Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District.
- Managed a reorganization study of SEPTA's Red Arrow Suburban Division.
- Lead analyst on a locomotive study for Union Pacific. Determined the need to add 400 new locomotives to a fleet of 3,000 over five years to meet traffic demand and retire older units.
Stone & Webster Engineering Corporation, Project Manager
- Project manager for FTA 15-mile expansion of Washington, DC Metrorail (one of the largest capital project ever funded by FTA, with a budget of more than $2 billion)
- Managed the appraisal of a railroad between South Bend and Chicago, approximately 60 miles.
- Managed the development of Quality Assurance and Safety Plans to be used by engineering staffs inspecting the Chicago rail transit system.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Beta Gamma Sigma, National Honorary Society of Business and Management
- MBA Financial Management, Drexel University, PA
- M.S. Operations Research, New York University
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, City College of New York