Chemical Engineer Consultant Specializing in Photocatalysts for Volatile Organic Compound, Gas Purification and Catalysts
Technical Consultant #1514
- Photocatalysis for volatile organic compound (VOC) decomposition.
- Gas separations and purification using microporous solids.
- Zeolite catalysis and zeolite synthesis.
- Photocatalysis of ZnO and GaN solid-solutions.
- Titanium dioxide (TiO2) as a photocatalysts.
- Photocatalysis with ETS-10 materials.
- Aluminosilicates as solid acid catalysts.
- Preparing methlamines acidic molecular sieve catalysts.
- Characterization of advanced nanoporous materials.
Professor, Undisclosed University
- Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, 2006 - Present
- Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, 2000 - 2006
- Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, 1995 - 2000
- Center for Catalytic Science and Technology (CCST), 1996 - Present
University of Technology, Netherlands, 2001 - 2002
- Visiting Fellow, Centre for High-Resolution Electron Microscopy, Delft
Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain, 2001
- Visiting Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering
Los Alamos National laboratory, Los Alamos, NM, 1994 - 1995
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Theoretical Chemistry and Molecular Physics Group
Honors & Publications
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- American Chemical Society
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Society for Engineering Education
- International Zeolite Association
- North American Catalysis Society
- Career Award for Young Investigators of the NSF, 1997
- Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar, 1999
- Young Scholar of the Francis Alison Society, 1999
- Outstanding Young Faculty of the College of Engineering, 1999
- Innovation Recognition Program, The Dow Chemical Company, 2001
- Ipatieff Prize, American Chemical Society, 2004
Publications and Patents
- 3 Patents
- Over 80 publications, list available up request.
- Books: Edited, (written several book chapters).
- Many invited professional presentations and papers.
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA
- M.S., Chemical Engineering , California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Costa Rica