- Industrial lubricants: Formulation, development, testing, applications and technical sales.
- Industrial lubrication support: Seminars, selling, and troubleshooting.
- Automotive chemical formulation, development, testing and product demonstrations.
- Gasoline additive chemistry, formulation, lab and field testing.
- Industrial coatings and automotive rust protective coatings, development, testing, selling, and troubleshooting.
- Adobe elements 11 and lightroom 5.
- Field experience with metalworking fluids and hydraulic mineral and water based lubricants.
- Expert witness - petroleum products, automotive chemicals.
Independent Consultant, Present
- New product development and identification.
Castrol Heavy Duty Lubricants, Senior Field Engineer, Baltimore, MD, 1986 - 2005
- Responsible for all technical aspects of an industrial lubricant product line.
- Lubricant marketing, including customer presentations, sales training, writing product literature, preparing and presenting seminars, field troubleshooting, product application recommendations and new product development.
- Initiated an industrial fluid analysis testing program.
- Served large industrial accounts, national and international.
Ashland Oil Inc., (Valvoline), Ashland, KY, 1977 - 1986
- Provided oversight for four laboratories in development, manufacture and technical service for the following areas:
- Industrial Lubricants - Metalworking fluids straight water soluble and, semi-synthetic and synthetic, hydraulic fluids, quenching fluids.
- Industrial coatings,(Tectyl®), Including solvent cutback, straight, waterborne and hot melt.
- Development of motor oil additives - multi-functional and rust inhibitors.
- Automotive chemicals: 50 products for NAPA, including cooling system additives, polishes, cold weather products and hand cleaners.
- Presentations of these products to customers and sales and worked with national and international accounts.
- Member of the corporate patent committee.
- Supervised development of a new line of soluble oil and synthetic metalworking fluids.
- Worked with manufacturing, marketing and sales to successfully bring products into the marketplace.
Sun Oil Company,Marcus Hook, PA, 1962 - 1975
- Supervised research and development of gasoline additives, including formula screening, field trials and problem solving.
- Provided technical support for metalworking fluids by developing new products and providing sales and customers with technical information.
- Developed an anti-mist cutting fluid.
- Developed a straight drill flute grinding oil.
- Performed polymer (polypropylene) physical testing.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- STLE (Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers)
- ACS (American Chemical Society)
- SME (Society of Manufacturing Engineers)
- Ashland Oil Executive Patent Committee
- Received four U.S. patents
B.S., Organic Chemistry, Widener University, Chester, PA