- Urethane chemistry.
- MDI (methylene diisocyanate) based polyurethane foams and applications.
- Automotive uses of polyurethane formulations and parts.
- Polyurethane foams for automobile seating and soft trim applications.
- Low density flexible polyurethane foams and related applications.
- Developed new products, tests, formulations and processes in medical, automotive and other specialized areas.
- Proven capability in project management, leadership and problem solving with vast experience in polyurethanes.
Huntsman, ICI Polyurethanes, 1989 - 2003
- Developed fast reacting MDI-based polyurethane foam formulations for automotive headrests.
- Formulated various low-density MDI-based foam systems for automotive seating.
- Developed formulations for various automotive interior foams.
- Developed formulations for furniture seating foam based on MDI.
- Developed polyurethane foams for various toy applications.
- Interacted with development groups for adhesives, sealants and elastomers.
- Responsible for test procedures to ensure high quality of products.
- Developed MDI variants and resin formulations utilizing expertise in structure-property relationships.
General Motors Corporation, 1977 - 1988
- Led urethane chemistry, process, and manufacturing development team for automotive seating and other soft trim applications.
- Implemented urethane chemistry at the manufacturing plants.
- Coordinated the development of integrated seat manufacturing process.
- Developed sophisticated durability test equipment and improved test procedures for automotive seating foams and seat constructions.
- Developed materials for miscellaneous automotive components.
Sherwood Medical Industries, Subsidiary of Brunswick Corporation, 1974 - 1977
- Developed disposable medical products utilizing unique polymer-based mixtures leading to worldwide patents.
- Responsibilities included project planning, product development, process development, prototype preparation, pilot production, and manufacturing process specification.
Washington State University, St. Louis, WA, 1971 - 1973
- Instructor: Electron Microscopy.
- Experimental studies for development of a technique to improve bonding in fiber-reinforced composites.
Honors & Publications
Publications related to:
- Fracture Processes in Styrene Polymers
- MDI-Based Polyurethane Foam for Low-Density Automotive Seating
- Advances in All MDI Flexible Molded Foam
Patents related to:
- Blood Phase Separation
- Fluid Collection Device with Phase Separation
- Method of Making Low Compression Set Urethane Foams
- Polyisocyanate Compositions and Low Density Polyurethane Foams
- Low Density Flexible Polyurethane Foams
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, Washington University, St. Louis, MA
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, India
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Andhra University, Vizag, India