Forest and Wood Product Consultant: Wood Composites, Wood Drying, Oriented Strand Board and Formaldehyde Based Resins
Technical Consultant #1469
- Forest products and wood science.
- Wood technologies, wood composites and structural design with wood.
- Wood based panel technology.
- Volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions from composite word products, including formaldehyde.
- Drying of wood and wood products; kiln operations.
- Mechanics of wood and wood products; light frame construction.
- Engineered wood products and the physical properties of wood.
- Resin selection and physical properties of oriented strand board (OSB).
- Testing and nondestructive evaluation (NDE) of wood products.
- Lumber production.
- President, Timber Consulting Firm.
- Professional forest products and light frame construction consultant.
- Consultant for custom dry kilns.
- Architectural timber and millwork.
- Owner of a Construction and Home Inspection Service Company.
- University Professor and Department Head - Forests Products.
- Interim Head of Department, Forest Products.
- Associate Professor of Forest Products.
Honors & Publications
- Forest and Wood Science and Products
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Forest Products Society - Many leadership positions: Softwood Lumber Group; Wood Physics and Drying Group; Regional Sections.
- Society of Wood Science and Technology: Accreditation Committee and Education Committee
Publications - Many invited presentations on such topics as:
- Laboratory evaluation of oriented strand board samples and VOC emissions.
- Resin type and flake thickness on properties of oriented strand board.
- Water spray log storage on southern pine veneer drying.
- High temperature drying from the three primary orthogonal surfaces of loblolly pine.
- VOC emissions from drying SYP lumber in a lab-scale kiln.
- Ph.D. Forest Products, Mississippi State University
- M.S. Forest Products, Mississippi State University
- B.S. Building Materials & Wood Technology, Forestry minor