- Soil and environmental remediation.
- Experience in worldwide transfer of environmental remediation technologies, especially as applied to contaminated soils.
- Chemical organic destruction of contaminants in soil.
- Extraction, filtration and distillation as applied to environmental remediation situations.
- Inventor of novel method for remediation of contaminated soils.
- Filtration and separation process and technology.
- Design, fabrication and testing of gas, liquid and solids separation with filters and membranes.
- Fuel cell and bi-polar plates for fuel cell technology.
- Knowledgeable of Nigerian petroleum and petrochemical industry.
- Low emissions alternative fuels.
- Pantyhose recycling process.
Independent Consultant, 2005 to Present
- Consulting providing environmental, health and safety (EHS) services for worldwide technology transfer.
- Project execution related to Nigeria's oil and gas, chemical and petrochemical industries.
U.S. Dept. of Energy, Industrial Technologies Program, Peer Reviewer - Panelist, 2004 - 2007
- Reviewing for U.S. National Science Foundation (Small Business Innovation Research, SBIR).
E.I. DuPont De Nemours, Senior Research Engineer, Wilmington, Delaware, 1994 - 2002
- Program leader for organic chemical destruction of contaminants in soil.
- invented a new technology for degradation of persistent contaminants for soil remediation.
- Project leader: Low emission alternative fuels and project; soil leaching and extraction; chemical bonding and binding interactions; and, contaminant mobility and mobility containment.
- Research conducted on bi-polar plates for Fuel Cells Technologies Group.
- Research and strategic technology planning relaed to the polymer electrolyte membranes fuel cell market.
- Helped develop a pantyhose recycling process.
Core Laboratories, Western Atlas International, Consultant, Houston, Texas, 1991 - 1992
University of Benin, Professor, Chemical Engineering, Nigeria, 1990 - 1991
- Hands-on industrial and engineering research experience to better serve and meet needed practical skills in Nigeria.
- Director on the Board of Flopetrol, representing Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and Federal Government of Nigeria.
Honors & Publications
Associations and Honors
- World Bank Mc Namara Fellow
- Awarded: Alexander-von-Humboldt Fellowship
- Fellow, American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Director, Fuels & Petrochemicals Div., American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Director, Environmental Division, American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Technical Article Reviewer: Journal of Environmental Progress; Journal of Hazardous Materials; International Association for Hydrogen Energy.
- Member of the review board for the Journal of American Filtration & Separation Society.
- Editorial Review Board: Journal of Filtration & Separation
- Author: Three Chemical Engineering Books on Liquid, Gas and Dust Filtration; Surface Structure of Gas Filters; and, Powder Technology and Multiphase Systems.
- Over 45 Technical peer-reviewed journal and conference publications.
Patents: 3 U.S. patents related to environmental technology.
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Bradford, England
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Leeds, England
- B.S., Chemical/Process Engineering, University of Kiel, Germany