Crane Consultant and PLC Electrical Engineer
Technical Consultant #1428
- Consultant for crane lifting applications for maritime, port authorities, cement plants and material handling users.
- Crane engineering, crane software, crane project management.
- GE AC/DC drives systems and power delivery management equipment, training and commissioning.
- Troubleshooting of electrical drives and controls.
- GE PLC (programmable logic controllers) troubleshooting.
- Inventory and cost reduction related to field engineering, project management, and material handling.
Electrical Engineer & Independent Consultant, Miami, FL, 2007 - Present
- Project Management responsibilities of domestic and overseas contracts.
- Electrical engineers for design and specifications for port authorities, cement plants, material handling users and pharmaceutical companies.
Port of Miami Crane Management, Inc., Miami, FL, Crane Project Engineer, 2003 - 2007
- Project Manager for new dockside cranes and electrification of existing dockside container cranes.
- Troubleshooting of crane drives and control system.
- Responsible for power delivery management equipment such as transformers and switchgear.
- Provided technical solutions to new cargo equipment to reduce electric utility services substantially.
General Electric Co., Fort Lauderdale, FL, Field Engineer, 1991 - 2003
- Power Delivery Equipment such as transformers, switchgear commissioning and troubleshooting.
- AC/DC Drive Systems Engineer in the Southeast Region and the Caribbean.
- Commissioned GE PLC and drive systems for industrial customers in the Far East, Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Customized AC/DC Drive and PLC training courses for industrial customers.
- Provided technical solutions to a pharmaceutical company on their batch producing equipment. Resulted in annual savings of $2 million to $3 million.
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Florida
- Fluent in English and Spanish