- Consulting related to industrial hygiene, industrial safety serving as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
- Chemical, electrical, fire, emergency response safety consultation.
- Safety and environmental consulting for underground and aboveground storage tanks, including suitability for service and storage of flammable, combustible, corrosive, and reactive materials.
- Safety inspections, hazard assessments, job safety analyses including written programs and lockout/tagout procedures.
- Chemical engineering and environmental engineering.
- Chemical process development, design, assessments and evaluation.
- Expert witness related to chemical process flow, piping and instrument design.
- Field and chemical plant testing to determine compliance with permit requirements.
- Cannabis manufacturing regulatory requirements for chemical storage and handling
Consultant in the areas of chemical process development and design, project engineering, environmental engineering, industrial hygiene, health and safety, optimization and waste minimization, technical training, expert witness and patent work.
- Expert witness - design review of process flow and piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Technical training including hazard communication, confined space, hazardous waste management, hearing conservation, lockout/tagout, chemical safety, fire safety, hazardous materials management, blood borne pathogens, electrical safety, emergency and spill response, respiratory protection, personal protective equipment, permit to work, HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste and Emergency Response), and contractor safety.
- Engineering assistance and underground and aboveground storage tank assessment and certification services for tank systems storing flammable, combustible, corrosive, and reactive materials.
- Process safety experience with fluorine, nitrogen trifluoride, hydrogen fluoride and hydrogen chloride.
- Field testing of wet scrubbers at various process conditions to determine compliance with air permit requirements and document equipment efficiency and limitations.
- Industrial hygiene monitoring to quantify employee exposures to metals, solvents, oil mist, ozone, total and respirable particulate, formaldehyde, acids, alkalies, isocyanates, noise, and asbestos.
- Safety inspections, audits, and hazard assessments. Preparation of specific lockout/tagout procedures, job safety analyses, and written programs for hazard communication and lockout/tagout.
- Performance of ventilation studies to evaluate system design and operation and complete conceptual design engineering for system improvements as needed.
Spotts, Stevens and McCoy, Inc., Chemical Engineer 1981 - 1996
- Chemical engineer, group leader of industrial process engineering, head of the environmental design group, project manager for private client services group, and manager of industrial hygiene and environmental engineering services.
- Environmental engineering, hazardous waste management, storage tank evaluation and certification, wastewater treatment, industrial hygiene, process design, industrial ventilation.
- Safety and environmental audits, technical training, litigation, process development and optimization, hazardous materials control, and environmental and safety program development and upgrade.
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., Engineer 1974 - 1981
- Process engineering design and development of various projects within the Specialty gas and technical affairs departments including technical and economic evaluation, process design and engineering, equipment design and specification.
- Plant construction supervision, start up, operation, and troubleshooting. Wrote plant operations manuals, developed and implemented processes to lower manufacturing costs.
Honors & Publications
- Registered Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania (1978) and Maryland (1981)
- Member, Chemical Engineering Magazine Product Research Panel, 1979 - 1989
- Holder of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers Professional Development Recognition
- Board Certified Industrial Hygienist, 1985
- Diplomate, American Board of Industrial Hygiene, 1985
- Board Certified Safety Professional, 1987
- Diplomate, American Academy of Environmental Engineers, 1987
- Asbestos Accredited Building Inspector, Management Planner, and Worker - Supervisor as required by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency under AHERA since 1987
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, Lehigh University, PA
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Lehigh University, PA