- Hospital, nursing home and health care safety consulting.
- Medical Devices: Use, misuse, safety and design.
- Consulting related to electrical and electro mechanical devices safety and use.
- Forensic Services: Product Liability and Institutional Negligence.
- Safety Consulting Areas of Experience: Apnea Monitors, Biomedical Chiropractic Devices, Burns from Medical Treatment, Defibrillators, Dental Equipment, Electrical Wiring and Fires, Electrical/Electronic Safety, Electrocution and Shock, Electrosurgery Shock, Burns and Fires, Examination Procedure Tables, Fetal Monitors, Health Care Devices, Health Care Facilities falls/burns, Health Care Facility - Policies & Procedures, Heart Monitors, Hospital Beds, Laparoscopes/Endoscopes, Laser Safety, MRI Injuries, Nursing Home Falls/Injuries, Oxygen Monitoring and Supply, Patient Lifts, Slip and Fall Incidents, Treadmills, Warnings, Wheelchairs and Wheelchair Lifts.
Safety Consultant, 1971 - Present
- Consulting services to health care institutions: Investigations of hospital and medical equipment incidents. Recommendations for corrective actions to meet joint commission standards.
- Safety training: Electrical safety in the operating room and hospital environment. Electro surgical safety issues and standards. Fire safety and electrical shock in the hospital. Identifying and repairing electrical and mechanical hazards.
- Hospital facility testing: Preventive maintenance testing of operating rooms, critical care, and bedside medical equipment for electrical and mechanical malfunctions including patient handling equipment and electro surgical devices.
- Safety procedures: Prepared policies and procedures for maintenance and safety.
- Hospital equipment analysis: Analyzed health care equipment requirements including hospital beds, electro surgical systems, and CCU ICU monitoring systems. Made recommendations to hospital and nursing home purchasing departments.
- Forensic services: Provide complete technical litigation support from preliminary case investigation and evaluation to trial testimony.
General Electric Company, Project Engineer, 1966 - 1971
- Defined and specified ground handling equipment requirements for a missile system.
- Determined, specified and followed up safety and equipment flow requirements for buildings to test missile systems before flight.
- Developed requirements for high frequency (HF) radio - telemetry systems and followed through construction and acceptance.
- Negotiated telemetry requirements for missile test flights with system subcontractors.
- Served as air crew member in intelligence gathering missions and provided liaison between USAF intelligence gathering systems and manufacturer.
- Hospital safety and hospital equipment maintenance, various hospitals. 1971 - 1990
- Nuclear and biomedical equipment marketing and training. Met with physicians and physical researchers to establish their needs for instrumentation and nuclear chemicals. 1964 -1966
- Electronic security, cryptography and cryptanalysis, U.S. Army Security Agency. 1958
Attorney At Law, General Practice, 1975 - 2006
Honors & Publications
- American Society of Safety Engineers - Consultant's Division
- Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation
- International Association of Arson Investigators
- Vidocq Society
- Forensic Professionals Society - Past President
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Admitted to the Bar of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Admitted to the Bar of the U.S. District Court (ED PA)
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA
- Juris Doctor, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA