- Expert in Land Bridge container operations between West and East Coast ports.
- International and domestic experience in logistics, warehouse operations, transportation purchasing, sourcing, and carrier contract negotiations.
- Import - export logistics, dealing with non - vessel operating common carrier (NVOCC), freight forwarders, custom brokers and intermodal transportation.
- Multilingual with shipping and logistics experience in Asia, Latin America and Europe.
Independent Consultant, 2005 - Present
- Shipping, containerization, warehousing and overall logistics management consulting to small companies.
- Current focus on evaluating and creating new business opportunities and joint ventures for American companies in Latin American, particularly Chile and Mexico.
Pathways Consulting Inc., Fresno, CA, 2004 - 2005
- Supply chain logistics consultant. Re engineered transportation systems for manufacturing companies to reduce import and export costs of raw materials and finished goods.
- Implemented LC, C&F purchasing, FOB sale guidelines, Kanban, JIT systems, and new NVOCC and Freight Forwarders.
Group TMM, Mexico City, Mexico, 1978 - 2003
- TMM is a leading global marine, rail, truck and logistics company.
Deputy Director, Specialized Maritime Transportation Division
- Led Latin America projects; managed and directed 200 people.
- Started a joint venture, truck and shipping agency company.
- Responsible for ship logistics, port operations, and sales and marketing of export cargoes from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand.
- Played pivotal role in positioning the company operations in China. Increased container volumes to the United States and Mexico by 30%.
- Negotiated the purchase of TMM's last Car Carrier for $12.5 million dollars.
General Manager, West Coast Ship Operations, Long Beach, CA
- Extensive experience in Mini Land Bridge container operations between West and East Coast ports.
- Negotiated stevedore port and terminal contracts reducing costs by millions of dollars in addition to savings in tugs, rail, and trucking operations.
- Supervised sales of the local shipping agency with 25 employees, including Freight Forwarders and Customs Brokers.
Manager, Cruise-Passenger and General Shipping Agencies
- Supervised port agency operations representing Carnival and Royal Caribbean lines.
General Manager, East Coast Ship Operations, Miami, FL
- Handled ship and port operations, and marketing of import export cargoes. Started with 20 containers per ship and increase to 200 containers per ship.
Manager, Far East Shipping Operations, Liner Trades
- Successful in the management and operations of five container ships with per day running costs burden of $75,000.
- Achieved per day, market revenues of $90,000. Handled a $50 million dollar contract negotiation with Japanese auto manufacturer.
Deputy General Manager, Far East Maritime Operations,Tokyo, Japan
- Key partnership development for a $20 million dollar annual revenue pool agreements involving four Japanese shipping lines.
- Worked on a Ford and Mazda supply chain container project for materials shipping from Hiroshima, Japan, to Hermosillo, Mexico.
Honors & Publications
- Latin Ports & Shipping, Miami, FL, forum participant
- Inter modal Transportation Institute, Denver, CO, forum participant
- The Institute for International Research & Marine Money, Miami, FL, forum participant
- Port of San Francisco, International Trade Fair, San Francisco, CA, forum participant
- B.A., Economics, California State University - Fresno
- Fluent: English and Spanish
- Proficient: French and Portuguese
- Basic: Japanese