Groundwater and Soil Remediation Consultant
Technical Consultant #1385
- Performs site assessments and remedial investigations for groundwater and soil remediation.
- Expert in soil and water remedial processes and controls.
- Expert in-situ ground contamination remediation with physical, chemical and biological processes.
- Expert in groundwater and vapor phase modeling, CERCLA (Superfund) programming, RCRA programming, pilot testing and corrective measures.
- Performs remedial construction and operations management for soil, water and wastewater, LNAPL and DNAPL recovery and remediation.
- Practices bio geochemistry for soil and water remediation.
Independent Consultant, Principal Engineer 2000 - 2007
- Designed, supervised installation and operation of remediation systems for twenty projects involving bio remediation of chlorinated solvents using anaerobic and methanotrophic technologies.
- Lead design engineer for large in-situ anaerobic dechlorination system in California.
- Designed a groundwater remediation system in Texas to enhance anaerobic degradation of chlorinated organics. The remedial system has greatly improved site conditions after 36 months of operation and site groundwater met closure criteria.
- Groundwater and soil remediation project in Massachusetts, greatly reducing halogenated hydrocarbons in bedrock.
Arcadis Geraghty & Miller, Senior Engineer, Principal Engineer 1991 - 2000
- Lead engineer and a technical source for several dozen remediation projects in twenty company offices in the US and Europe.
- Designed, supervised installation, start-up, and on-going operation of a vacuum enhanced fluid recovery system to remove fuel oil at manufacturing facility in Massachusetts.
- Project engineer for design of a remediation system at a chemical manufacturing facility in Rhode Island, impacted with chlorinated volatile organic compounds in groundwater.
- Project engineer at a bulk oil terminal in Colorado, impacted by petroleum hydrocarbons and MTBE.
Groundwater Technology, Inc., Project Engineer 1989 - 1991
- Served as Project Engineer for the design and installation of several dozen remedial systems at service station sites.
- Developed key engineering concepts for proper application of soil vapor extraction.
- Designed a remediation system at a former gasoline station in Connecticut. The system included free phase product recovery and aboveground removal of dissolved BTEX.
Pipeline Design Bureau, Moscow, Project Engineer, Lead Engineer 1983 - 1988
- Designed equipment and instrumentation for complicated long distance petroleum products pipeline systems.
- Developed algorithms and software for complicated pipeline systems operation.
- Developed methods for simultaneous transport of several different petroleum products via the same pipeline system.
West Siberian Natural Gas Field, Siberia, Field Engineer 1980 - 1983
- Performed operational parameters measurements at the production wells on a giant West Siberian natural gas field. Conducted production wells testing and reserve calculations.
- Performed data compilation, calculations, and analyses to determine the effective remaining gas reserves in the formation.
Honors & Publications
Member: Water and Environment Federation, Boston Society of Civil Engineers, American Society of Civil Engineers
M.S., Petroleum Reservoir Engineering, Petroleum Technology Institute, Moscow
B.S., Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Technology Institute, Moscow