- Value added plastics products including films, sheets and monofilaments.
- Plastic films used in solar cells, photovoltaic arrarys.
- Photovoltaic modules, commercial aircraft interiors and replication films.
- Technical service for plastic films and acrylic cast sheets.
- Marketing strategy development implementation.
- Plastic business creation and marketing, with both direct and distributor sales.
Tomark Industries, 15 Years
- Manufacturer's representative, product designer and consultant, all related to films and film laminates.
- Introduced PVDF/acrylic cast films for commercial aircraft interiors.
- Introduced PVDF/acrylic films to protect dyed and metalized window films.
- Invented photovoltaic backsheets with improved dielectrics and reflectivity.
- Invented technique of thermoforming high temperature plastic sheets which have already been decorated with lower temperature finishes.
- Consulted for over 20 companies, ranging from the Physics Department of Princeton
- University to a seven year retainer by Atofina Chemicals (now Arkema).
- Participated as a member of the Thin Film Reliability Team at NREL for thin film photovoltaic modules.
DuPont Company, 31 Years
- Involved with value added plastics products, including films, sheets and monofilament fibers.
- Developed multi component adhesives for "Tedlar" PVF film, which were used commercially for over 12 years.
- Led effort to commercialize "Tynex" A abrasive filaments for circuit board cleaning and other markets.
- Converted "Tynex" nylon filament business from 610 nylon to 612 nylon without chaos.
- Revived industrial monofilament business for textile applications and paper machinery clothing.
- Introduced "Orel" tapered polyester filament for paintbrushes.
- Developed pricing and strategy for introduction of "Hytrel" thermoplastic elastomer window regulator tape for General Motors.
- Created a business for a smoke hood made from high temperature "Kapton" polyimide films.
- Led development of "Tedlar" SP cast film.
- Led business activities and marketing strategy for "Tedlar" film for aircraft interiors.
- Derived marketing and pricing strategy for "Tedlar" PVF film business when capacity restraints were invoked.
Honors & Publications
- Six US Patents
- Many publications and professional papers
- B.S. Plastics Engineering, Lowell Technological Institute (now U Mass, Lowell)