Retail Pharmacy Consultant and Expert Witness
Technical Consultant #1328
- Expert on retail pharmacy operations.
- Pharmaceutical industry sales and promotion to doctors and retail outlets.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing: Packaging and sterile filling.
- Retail practice of technology of a pharmacology.
- Knowledgeable of criminal cases involving pharmacists and prevailing law.
- Civil complaints involving pharmacists and pharmacies: Expert witness for both plaintiff and defense counsel.
- Drug selection and use including adverse effects.
- Trained in design and technical support of advanced coating systems for pharmaceutical dosage forms for immediate, sustained and enteric release.
K-mart Pharmacy, Pharmacy Manager, 2002 to Present
Edward Newland Associates, Inc., Medical Editor and Consultant, 2006 to Present
Stop & Shop Supermarket Pharmacy, Part-time Pharmacist, 2002-2006
Radnor Pharmacy, Part-time Pharmacist, 2004-2005
- Gained experience at an independent pharmacy.
- Learned pharmaceutical compounding business workings of an independent pharmacy and prescription dispensing on an individualized basis.
Acme Pharmacy, Staff Pharmacist, 2001 - 2002
- Responsible for entire pharmacy department including prescriptions, third party billing, and inventory.
- Worked with physicians when drug therapy is out of guidelines.
Merck & Co., Inc. 1990 - 1999
- Promotion Manager, Hypertension/Heart Failure
- Responsible for the development, management and implementation of promotional and marketing plans.
- Worked with attorneys and physicians to assure compliance with FDA regulations regarding product promotion.
- Liaison between the marketing teams and advertising agencies.
- National Service Center Specialist: Provided medical information to physicians, pharmacists and nurses.
- Wrote responses to inquiries to common physician queries.
- Professional Representative; Managed a multimilllion sales territory with 14% growth rate.
- Industrial Pharmacist: Scaled up research size product to full scale production quantity; consulted on manufacturing, packaging and antibiotic facilities problems; and worked as Quality Control Auditor for packaging and antibiotic production lines.
Honors & Publications
- American Pharmaceutical Association
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- The American Association of Nurse Attorneys
- American Society of Pharmacy Law
- Potomac Pharmacist Association %u2013 former President
- Juris Doctorate, Widener University School of Law
- B. S., Pharmacy, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science
- Pharmacy: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware
- State Bar Admission: Pennsylvania and New Jersey