- In-depth technical knowledge of polymer's technology.
- High performance film technology, production equipment, maintenance and use.
- Plastic resin selection and new resin development.
- Plastic compounding plant design, and start-up assistance.
- Plastic processing machine design and technical experience.
- New plastic product design and existing product improvements.
- Injection mold design and improvements to existing plastic tooling methods
- Injection molding and extrusion processing technologies.
- Plastic quality control laboratory technical assistance.
- Process trouble shooting technical assistance.
- Technical specifications for process injection molding equipment and accessories.
- Thermoplastic injection molding technical training.
Independent Consultant 2000 - Present
- Writing technical books related to plastic molking and forming with one published, one submitted for early 2007, one in manuscript stage.
- Providing technical assistance for plastic molding and tool design.
Delphi Automotive Systems, Chihuahua, Mexico, Center of Expertise Team, Technical Consultant, 1998 - 1999
- Provided product design concepts, production engineering, mold design, molding equipment recommendations, and resin selection, for new electro-mechanical automotive projects.
- Two patents have been filed for the linear proportional purged solenoid.
E. I. duPont de Nemours 1974 - 1997
- DuPont Border Industries, El Paso, Texas, Technical Consultant 1991 - 1997
- Received two Marketing Excellence Awards, (the highest recognition award given by the President of the Du Pont Company), in recognition for the technical contribution in the area of thermoplastic encapsulation for electronic devices amd for providing technical development of the plastic intake manifold in 1996.
- Received three Marketing Excellence Awards from Du Pont Mexico's Polymer Department, in recognition for the technical contributions made to Mexican customers.
- Provided technical assistance to the following Border Industries and to companies inside Mexico: GW Plastics, IMC, UFE, Mattel, Power Wheels, Auriga, Carlinton Switch, Grupo Armas, Sony, Carrier, T & B, and many other companies.
- Provided part design, mold design assistance to develop a new family of flyback transformers.
- Provided technical assistance to CMI & Ford for setting up the plastic molding plant and Q.C. Laboratory at Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico. Molding and tooling support for a new types of plastic intake manifolds. Provided process technical training in engineering polymers in English and Spanish to 85 CMI engineers and supervisors.
- Provided plastic's part design assistance for customers using DuPont engineering plastics.
- Supervised the Marketing Technical Department of Norcom-Du Pont Camacari, BA, Plant. Brazilian joint venture for compounding acetal, nylon and polypropylene.
- Defined the plastics laboratory for Brazil, including equipment specifications, quotations, and laboratory lay out proposals.
- Prepared a Technical Service Laboratory scope for Sao Paulo, Brazil, technology, equipment, specifications, and quotations were provided.
- Converted one polypropylene compounding line for processing acetal polymers.
- Provided raw material and equipment specifications, developed local suppliers, prepared acetal manufacturing processing manuals, and installed a Materials Testing Laboratory for acetal polymers.
- Responsible for the specifications of all Norcom-Du Pont raw materials, compounding products, procurement of local and international suppliers.
- Negotiated with the Brazilian Government for the import permits, worked with the University of Sao Paulo Testing Laboratory for qualifying critical ingredients required to compound the impact resistant polymers.
- Developed a new plastic bag for the acetal resins produced in Brazil.
MS, Mechanical Engineering, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- BS, Engineering, Mechanical and Electrical, University of Miami, Miami, Florida