- Applications of magnetic resonance spectroscopy and magnetic resonance imaging.
- Specialized applications of separation sciences.
- Instrument applications in electric power industry, synthetic fuels and water quality.
- Application, design and repair of analytical measurement instrumentation.
- Training in applications of analytical instrumentation.
- Theory of analytical measurements.
- Practical design and repair of NMR, MRI and MRS instrumentation.
- Theory of nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and magnetic resonance imaging.
- Theoretical inorganic chemistry.
Undisclosed Company, Independent Consultant, 2003 - Present
- Founder of a chemical consulting firm specializing in solutions for measurement challenges in industry and the laboratory as well as relevant general business support and training programs designed to client needs.
Philips Medical Systems, Senior Systems Specialist, 1987 - 2002
- Responsible for maintaining peak performance and maximizing customer return from a highly successful product as a technical representative for one of the most complex modalities in medical imaging.
- Performance recognized for an extremely high level of success in resolving problems and enhancing profitability for users with a multi-million dollar investment and cash flow, contributing to tens of millions of dollars of new and repeat business for this employer.
- Developed protocols and techniques that maximized effective customer utilization and financial return from a $500 million installed base of MRI equipment worldwide.
- Characterized the problem of unanticipated system loads affecting the acceptance of a newly introduced product with anticipated sales over $250 million.
- Worked with software engineers to develop a permanent solution.
- Maintain a virtually perfect record of solving time and cost critical technical problems, preserving and generating repeat revenue in the tens of millions of dollars.
- Invited regularly as a guest instructor at the world-wide training institute.
- Developed and implemented cost effective field training programs when structured training was not practical.
Illinois Institute of Technology, Department of Chemistry, 1984 - 1987
- As a Chemical Instrumentation Specialist, designed and maintained a variety of analog and digital instruments and real world interfaces to provide research and teaching support.
- Assisted in instructing Analytical and Physical Chemistry courses.
Honors & Publications
- NASBITE Certified Global Business Professional.
- Association of Consulting Chemists & Chemical Engineers (ACC&CE) certified.
- Certified by the North American Small Business.
- International Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP).
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Chemical Society
- American Physical Society
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- Association of Consulting Chemists & Chemical Engineers
- Chemical Consultants Network
- Ph.D., Physical Chemistry, Purdue University
- B.S., Chemistry, Brooklyn College