- Wood science and technology expert, including wood composite products such as plywood and particleboard.
- Problems in wooden structures, wooden members and wood components caused by biological and non-biological agents.
- Performance of wood preservatives and fire retardant systems.
- Wood durability and technology to improve wood durability.
- Creosote use in wood preservation, such as railroad ties.
- Drying, storage, and treatment of wood products.
- Inspections for architects, engineers, pest control operators, insurance companies, wood preserving companies, private laboratories, fabricators, construction firms, utilities.
- Expert witness for wood technology, wood use and wood failure.
Professor, Department of Forest Products, 1985-present
- American National Standards Institute
- American Society for Testing & Materials
- American Wood-Preservers' Association (Water Borne Systems, Lumber and Timber, Poles, composites, Fire Retardants, Wood Preservation Research, Creosote & Creosote Solutions, Organic and Organometallic Systems, Methods of Chemical Analysis of Preservatives).
- Cooling Tower Institute
- Forest Products Society (formerly Forest Products Research Society)
- Chairman, 2006 Wood Protection Conference and Regional Board Member, Conference on Wood Protection Techniques and the Use of Treated Wood in Construction.
- Institute of Wood Science: Fellow
- Railway Tie Association
- Society of American Foresters
- Society of Wood Science and Technology
Honors & Publications
- Fellow, Institute of Wood Science
- Teacher of the Year, Department of Forest Products
- Award of Merit, American Wood-Preservers%u2019 Association
- Ph.D., State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry, Major: Wood Products Engineering
- M.S.,Louisiana State University; Major: Forest Products Technology, Minor: Experimental Statistics
- B.S.F., Louisiana State University; Major: Forestry; Minor: Wood Science & Technology
- Mississippi Department of Agriculture & Commerce, Division of Plant Industry, Certified Commercial Pesticide Applicator Certificate: Category XII. Wood Preservation and Products Treatment