Powder Coatings Development and Applications Expert
Technical Consultant #1264
- Powder coatings formulation, product development and and market applications.
- Managed business with revenue growth from $14 million to $120 million during tenure.
- Powder coatings for automotive, architecture, lawn and garden, appliance, oil and gas pipelines, and commercial, industrial, residential furniture applications.
- Focus on environmentally sound coatings technology.
- Led a Research & Development team of over 30 professionals and technicians in 2 locations.
Independent Consultant, 2001-present
- Provides management consulting and programming services
DuPont Powder Coatings, 1986-2001
- Vice President, R&D and Data Systems, 1996 - 2001; Vice President, R&D, 1994 - 1996; Technical Manager, 1986 â€“ 1994
- Leading responsible provider of environmentally sound coatings technology, products, and service to a wide variety of end use such as automotive, architecture, lawn and garden, appliance, oil and gas pipelines, and commercial, industrial, or residential furniture and fixtures. Business revenue grew from $14 million to $120 million during tenure.
- Led a Research & Development team of over 30 professionals and technicians in 2 locations providing custom formulated products, application assistance, specialty testing, and regulatory review for customers nationwide. Team was â€˜industry-leadingâ€™ in new product commercialization rates and was a stable, low turn-over staff.
Morton Powder Coatings, 1969-1986
- Group Leader, R&D, Color Group Supervisor
- Supervisor, Quality Control, Technical Service
- Leader in powder coatings technology growing from $1 million to $20 million in revenue during tenure.
Honors & Publications
- Two patents: Anti-microbial Powder Coating
- ASTM Paul N. Gardener Task Group Chairman Award
- American Society for Testing and Materials, Executive-at-Large Main Committee D01, Chairman Subcommittee D01.51
- International Organization for Standardization; Sole US delegate to TC 35/SC 9/ WG 16 on Powder Coatings
- Inter-Society Color Council; Powder Coatings Institute
- Federation of Societies for Coatings Technology
Color Formulation and Control - Davidson Colleagues
Philip Crosby - Quality Management
FSCT - Statistical Process Control
Regulatory and Laboratory Management