- Failure analysis of metallic and non-metallic parts.
- Forensic evaluation of failed metal parts.
- Metal test methods including electron microscopy, metallurgical testing, chemical analysis and mechanical testing.
- Metal test methods including x-ray microanalytical techniques, surface analysis techniques, fracture analysis and fractography and x-ray diffraction analysis.
- High temperature materials properties and selection.
- Metal failure analysis and forensic investigation of metal parts.
- Routinely employ fractography, optical and electron microscopy, x-ray diffraction, x-ray energy dispersive microprobe analysis and accelerated corrosion testing of metal alloys and parts.
Senior Member Technical Staff, Scanning Electron Analysis Laboratories, Inc.
- Provided metallurgical consultation to customers, including failure analysis and production problem solving.
- Worked as expert witness in product liability litigation.
Corrosion Scientist, Revere Research, Inc.
- Conducted research in stress-corrosion of copper-based alloys and passivation and corrosion of aluminum-based alloys.
Staff Research Associate, University of California, Los Angeles
- Conducted research on in-situ grown oxides and sulfides as solar energy absorbers on a variety of copper-based alloys.
Consultant, Association of Scientific Advisors
- Performed failure analysis of industrial accident situations.
- Expert in metal forensic analyis utilizing fractography, optical and electron microscopy, x-ray diffraction, x-ray energy dispersive microprobe analysis and accelerated simulation of corrosion test.
Honors & Publications
- Metals Handbook, Use of Micro-analytical Techniques in Failure Analysis and Problem Solving
- ASM Handbook, Fatigue Fracture Appearances
- The Effect of Preoxidation on the Corrosion of Some Alloys in Coal Char and Sulfur Vapor
- Application of Micro-analytical Techniques to High Temperature Corrosion Studies of Some Nickel-base Alloys
- XRF as a Problem Solving Tool
- Ph.D. Engineering (Science of Materials), University of California
- M.S., Materials Science, University of Southern California
- B.S., Physics, Tehran University