Add this resume to contact form
Biomolecular Physicist Consultant: Development Novel Biomimetic Ligands
Technical Consultant #1224
- Biomimetic ligand design and characterization, biomolecular recognition.
- Expert and consultant in molecular biophysics.
- Skilled in surface chemistry, colloid chemistry and nanoscale particle synthesis.
- Polymer physical chemistry and synthesis of collodial systems.
- Molecular, nanoscale to microscale applications.
- Drug development process (NDA%u2019s. IND%u2019s).
- Applied analytical methods %u2013 Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, High Pressure Liquid Chemistry, Mass Spectrometry.
- Scientific Translation: Fluent in German, Swedish and English.
- Consultant in molecular biophysics and biomimetic ligand design
- Chief Scientific Officer and Cofounder of startup company focused on the design and commercialization of novel, conformationally flexible affinity ligands, eg., self-reporting chips for nucleic acid applications
- Visiting Scientist, Center for Applied Genomics, Public Health Research Institute, Newark, NJ. Coinventor of novel molecular beacons technologies for self-reporting, chip-based assays.
- Visiting Scholar, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ: Performed basic and applied studies of biomimetic ligand conformational transitions.
- Director, Biophysics Research, Transgenomic, Inc., Piscataway, NJ: Developed biophysical applications of variable temperature HPLC; Designed and tested novel biomimetic ligands
- Principal Scientist, GelTex/Genzyme Pharmaceuticals, Waltham, MA: Provided physical chemical rationale for the biological properties of bile acid sequestrants, toxin binders, fat binders, lipase inhibitors, and other polymeric drugs
- Associate Professor, Dept of Chemistry, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE: Ion effects on nucleic acid conformation and dynamics; structure and molecular recognition of signal transducing peptides in lipid environments
Honors & Publications
- Numerous patents and publications
- Ph. D., Physical Chemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- B. S., Chemistry, Antioch College, Yellow Springs, Ohio