Add this resume to contact form
High Protein Low Carbohydrate Foods and Beverages Manufacturing Formulation Expert
Technical Consultant #1222
- Manufacture of high protein low carbohydrate bar formulations.
- Production of high energy and sport beverages; fruit and vegetable juice processing.
- Facility startup for sugar replacement blends; infused fruits and vegetables, soy isolate, fish protein concentrates, whey protein concentrates.
- Food product formulation, herbal extraction, food dehydration.
- Quality Assurance and SOP's for food and dairy products.
- Food industry membrane processing.
- Chef Jays Food Products (Tri-O-Plex Bars): Developed High Protein Low Carbohydrate bars; process engineering for higher through-put continuous line, quality control.
- Agro Mar, Inc., General Manager: Designed processes, procured equipment & helped start a manufacturing plant for the production of aloe vera juice, concentrates and freeze dried powder. Unique process was developed & utilized that retained the high molecular weight polysaccharides in its natural state.
- Rustan, Inc., CEO: Organized a new venture from concept to full production of infused and dried fruits. Managed production engineering, quality assurance and marketing until the project was completed.
- Florida Food Products, R & D and Quality Control Director: Designed plants for aloe vera juice, freeze dried/spray dried powders and carrot juice concentrate production. Developed new products: V-8 match and nutraceutical juice blends.
- Rich Products, Director-New Venture: Developed a unique line of pre-proofed frozen dough products and infused fruits for ice cream and snack application. Also designed and scaled up a continuous production line for bread rolls.
- General Mills, Associate Principle Scientist: Helped commercialize a profitable beverage called "Squeezit" and managed most creative product development.
- The Pillsbury Co., Senior Scientist: Product development work with food bars, pizza, refrigerated bread dough.
- Land O Lakes, Inc., Process Engineering Manager:Improved portion of Soybean solvent extraction; developed a unique calf-milk replacer and a soy protein isolate. Managed department for project engineering, technical services, process improvements for whey, milk and cheese
Honors & Publications
- Published and presented papers on aloe vera processing
- Ph.D., Food Science & Technology
- M.S., Chemical Engineering
- B.S., Chemical Engineering