- Specialty organic chemical process development
- Consultant for synthetic lubricants manufacture, specializing on esters and phosphate esters.
- Surfactant expert: composition, manufacture specializing on phosphate esters.
- Biocides as wood preservation and disinfectants.
- Hazards Assessments for chemical batch processes
- Functional monomers â€“ acrylate, methacrylate derivatives
UNIQEMA, INC., New Castle, DE Manager, Chemical Technology
- Organized and led US-based research and development group responsible for the discovery, synthesis, process development, pilot scale-up, and transfer to production of new specialty products supporting the companyâ€™s commercial efforts.
- Successfully transferred manufacture of two product lines from Canada and Europe to domestic production.
- Led process transfer team that successfully relocated over 100 surfactant products and intermediates products from a plant to be closed to a new manufacturing facility.
- Reduced average process cycle time on a major product line by 10% without impact on quality.
- Developed an average of six new derivative products per year. Established platform technologies concept to assure market responsive, timely, cost-effective product line expansions with optimal production equipment fit.
- Solved production problems troubling the companyâ€™s highest margin, growth product by splitting manufacture between company and toll facilities
- Led two major accident investigation teams; determined chemical and procedural causes and implemented corrective measures. Employed the learnings to improve the safety of related processes.
LONZA, INC., Annandale, NJ, Director of Chemical Technology, Specialty Chemicals Group
- Led Department functions for new product research, process chemistry, process engineering, and operation of two pilot plants. Product lines were based on amines, biocides, surfactants, hydantoins, esters, and carbohydrates.
- Developed new ester process that resulted in construction of a new 8,000 gallon production unit for 24/7 production.
- Led wood preservation technology program..
- Started program that resulted in a new alkyl amine process.
ALCOLAC, INC., Baltimore, MD, Director of Research and Development
- Responsible for entire R&D function of the company producing functional monomers and surfactants.
- Strong background in acrylate and methacrylate chemistry and polymer systems.
STAUFFER CHEMICAL CO., Dobbs Ferry, NY,
- Manager, Organic Research Station, Organic intermediates, specialty chemicals and agricultural active ingredients.
- Manager, Functional Fluids Section, Synthetic lubricants based on esters and phosphate esters
- Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, University of Notre Dame
- B.A., Chemistry, Fairleigh Dickinson University