- Pharmaceutical sourcing and outsourcing for pharmaceutical chemicals, raw materials, intermediates and API's.
- Search for second source of supply for pharmaceutical materials.
- Experiences include: new chemical entities, small molecules, fermentation, and biochemicals.
- Services include: Kilo lab production facility, contract R&D, process development, scaleup, pilot plant, commercial production.
- Conceptualized, established and expanded a consulting company with worldwide contacts in the life science industry. Focus on the industry's changing needs for sourcing and outsourcing of new chemical entities for intermediates and active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Provide services for U.S. and foreign clients, consisting of sales and marketing assistance to sell products and services to the pharmaceutical industry. Help to promote multi-gram manufacturing, contract research, kilo laboratories, process development, product development, scale up and pilot scale production.
- Skilled at third party contract manufacturing, custom synthesis, and commercial production for fermentation and small molecules.
Quality Chemicals, Inc., Chicago, Illinois
Director, Pharmaceutical Chemicals 1992-1994
- Initiated and structured a new business for Quality Chemicals after the purchase of a chemical plant in Dayton, Ohio. Focused on becoming a supplier of custom chemical manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Established cGMP milestones, and targeted product sales.
- Assembled a high performance, multi-disciplined team to evaluate technical packages and to manufacture products in the plant. Built a customer base and coordinated projects.
Searle Pharmaceutical Co., Chicago, Illinois
Manager of Business Development, Chemicals
- Created and supervised a New Business Development department for Searle Pharmaceuticals, with the goal of becoming a supplier of intermediates and bulk active chemicals to the pharmaceutical industry on a worldwide basis.
- Determined Searle's internal plant capabilities, coordinated department managers, established working relationships with customers and agents worldwide.
- Developed propriety pharmaceutical intermediates, licensed technology, and outsourced selective intermediates to better use Searle's chemical manufacturing resources.
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Maine