- Medical imaging in clinical development.
- MRI of the breast and abdominal MRI applications.
- Diagnostic imaging contrast agents.
- Imaging surrogate markers.
- Imaging core lab sourcing and management.
- Diagnostic imaging and medical imaging informatics.
- Breast cancer imaging, particularly MRI.
- Radiology research and overall medical imaging technology.
- Medical imaging devices.
- Medical imaging product development, marketing and sales.
- Hospital and clinic purchasing of imaging equipment.
- Radiology management services for health insurers.
- Radiology payor claims management and edits.
Independent Consultant, Present
- Provides medical imaging strategies and outsource management to clinical development and business groups from the pharmaceutical, medical device, managed care and biotechnology industries.
Doylestown Hospital, Doylestown, PA, Staff Radiologist, 2004 - 2007
Undisclosed Company, Principal and Founder, 2006 - Present
- Service organization providing radiologist and oncologist blinded reader experts and consults for medical product development.
Doshi Diagnostic Imaging, Brooklyn, NY, Staff Radiologist, 2001 - 2003
HealthHelp, Inc., Medical Director, New York, NY, 2001 - 2003
- Responsible for managing radiology services for more than 2 million managed care participants in New York/New Jersey area.
- Developed and implemented comprehensive radiology management program for a regional Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurers.
- Established and chaired regional peer groups implement referring physician education on appropriate radiology utilization.
- Chief, MRI: Foundation for Radiology Educational Excellence.
Berlex Laboratories, Montville, NJ, Director, Diagnostic Imaging Clinical Development, 1997 - 2000
- Managed clinical development of all radiologic, ultrasound, and, nuclear, and MRI contrast agent.
- Responsible for managing clinical development and all medical post-marketing activities for radiology, MRI, and ultrasound contrast agents.
- Represented medical team with FDA imaging division.
- initiated new clinical indications for MRI contrast for cardiovascular MRI, hepatobiliary MRI, and blood pool contrast agents.
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, Director, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 1991 - 1997
- Managed clinical, research, teaching, and business operations.
- Developed active and profitable Body MRI service with strong external referral base including orthopedic, sports medicine, urologists, OB/GYN, cardiovascular surgeons, oncologists.
- Developed new clinically-useful imaging techniques in collaboration with MRI manufacturers for body imaging and MRA.
- Developed Breast MRI program and integrated breast MRI into Lombardy Cancer Center comprehensive breast cancer and breast implant evaluation; served on NCI Breast MRI Advisory Board.
Honors & Publications
- District of Columbia, State of New York, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Maryland.
- Board Certification
- American Board of Radiology
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Internal Medicine Internship, Providence Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- Diagnostic Radiology Residency, Department of Radiology, Georgetown University Hospital
- Chief Resident, Department of Radiology, Georgetown University Hospital
- Fellowship in MRI, CT, and Ultrasound, Division of Body
- Imaging, Georgetown University Hospital, National Institutes of Health
- Radiology - Pathology Correlation Course, Armed Forces
- Institute of Pathology, Washington, D.C.
- Radiologic Society of North America
- International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- American College of Radiology
- Bucks County Medical Society
- Pennsylvania Radiology Association
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- One book, numerous publications and technical papers.
- Technical presentations.
- Ph.D. School of Medicine, Georgetown University
- B.S.Special Honors, Biology, George Washington University, Washington, DC