- Food quality assurance and quality management
- Food manufacturing and operations management
- Soy food products
- Soy processes and conversion equipment
- Dairy industry and technology
- Natural food products and regulations
- Food safety
- Project management
2004 â€“ Present
- Technical consultant for a major soy products project in Iran for the development and implementation of the state-of-the-art quality assurance and production management systems.
- R&D Consultant for Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada related to projects involving Ohmic-heating techniques.
- Working as a consultant for Health Canada in the quality assessment of natural health products from a regulatory perspective.
R & D Manager, Prosoya Inc., Ottawa, Canada
- Planned and commissioned large scale soymilk projects in India and Israel as a key member of the team
Oman National Dairy Products Co Ltd, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
- Developed and implemented ISO 9000 quality and HACCP systems.
- Developed new, collaborative business opportunities with world class dairy companies such as Valio, Finland.
- Enhanced the productivity of persons, machines and materials and achieved more than 10% improvement.
- Implemented effective cost control techniques in the area of production management; saved 150,000 US dollars per year.
- Systematized and streamlined purchase management through effective planning and working capital management, vendor development and effective negotiations.
- Developed product quality standards in association with the national standards body.
Quality Systems Manager
Almarai Company Ltd, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Developed and implemented state-of-the-art quality assurance procedures (including HACCP) at the corporate and plant levels.
- Planned and executed the most prestigious dairy project in the Middle East, as a key member of the team.
R & D Manager, Britannia Industries Ltd, India
- Managed several R & D projects, technical services, product, and process and package developments at the corporate level.
- Streamlined production and quality assurance procedures for the manufacture of biscuits, cookies, cakes and bread.
Technical Services Manager, Godrej Foods Limited, India
- Developed novel and innovative processes for the manufacture of fruit juice concentrates, snack foods, instant mixes etc.
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive quality assurance system for a wide range of products.
Quality Control Executive, Nestle India
- Effectively implemented a company-wide quality-monitoring scheme.
- Commissioned special analysis laboratories for the estimation of pesticide residues, aflatoxins and microbial pathogens.
Honors & Publications
American Society for Quality, USA.
Institute of Food Technologists, USA.
Project Management Institute, USA
Delivered lectures in a number of national and international seminars.
Was a Canadian delegate on Technology mission to Bangkok, Thailand.
Traveled extensively throughout the world (USA, UK, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Belgium, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, S.Arabia, Yemen, UAE, Oman, Kuwait, and Qatar) for business and technical discussions.
- Ph. D (Dairy Science) National Dairy Research Institute, India
- Master's Degree in Chemistry
- Certificate course in HACCP, Royal Institute of Public Health, UK
- Certified HACCP Auditor, American Society for Quality