Health Care and Pharmaceutical Purchasing Management
Technical Consultant #1174
- Health care purchasing and vendor management
- Establishing manufacturing and institutional alliances in the purchase of pharmaceutical products
- Establishing and working with group purchasing organizations (GPO)
- Positioning manufacturers to move products into the health care marketplace through respective alliances, affiliations or purchasing organizations
- Assessing market entry barriers
- Determining product market volume and pricing
- Negotiating manufacturing and GPO contract terms and conditions
2004 - Present Apotex Corporation, Weston, Florida, Corporate Account Manager
- Position firms as an approved vendor with national and regional group purchasing organizations (GPOs). Present new products to business partners and GPOs for contracting consideration and monitor GPO bid file roll dates.
1994 - 2004 American Regent Laboratories, Inc., Shirley, New York, Corporate Account Manager
- Manage national group purchasing contracts, corporate accounts, and wholesaler agreements. Research and evaluate historical sales transactions and develop marketing plans for key accounts. Review co-marketing and promotional programs while offering cost and benefit analyzes. Promoted from territory manager to corporate account manager in 1999.
1992 - 1994 Sales Automation, Meadville, Pennsylvania, President
- Launched information technology company providing software, configured systems, and system application training to sales departments. Redesigned corporate database for the Society of Automotive Engineers, improving information flow and data dissemination. Accessed information needs and prioritized data flow. Ordered, installed, and configured hardware and software.
1991 - 1992 Whitmire Distribution Corporation (Cardinal Distribution), Folsom, CA, Area Sales Manager
1987 - 1991 The Hospital Council of Western Pennsylvania, Warrandale, PA, Regional Manager
- Head the councils largest regional office, collaborating with pharmaceutical manufacturers to enhance product knowledge and market key products to members facilities throughout western Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio, and western New York. Played significant role in the creation of Amerinet, the nations largest group purchasing organization with more than 1700 participating hospitals.
- B.A. Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA,
- Management Development Program, University of Southern California, School of Pharmacy, Los Angeles