Over 20 years' experience working in specialty chemicals, biotechnology, food and consulting with broad experience in project management, new business development, intellectual property commercialization and licensing, strategic planning, marketing research, business analysis and merger and acquisition. International experience working with French business leaders in the major industrial sectors while living in France. Specific expertise in:
- Pharmaceutical Excipients
- Rare Earth/Gallium Markets
- Silicate Market
- New Business/New Venture Evaluation
- Market Research & Strategy
- Technology Assessment
- International Business Experience
- Academic/Industrial Liaison
1998 - Present Consultant
1997 - 1998 Life Sciences Marketing Specialist and Licensing Associate, Center for Technology Transfer, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Responsible for invention disclosure commercial potential determination, invention commercialization strategy development, marketing, and the University's intellectual property assets' program management.
1995 - 1997 Founder and President, Americours, Paris, France
- An English language school for senior-level executives of French industrial companies. Clients included Elf Sanofi, TV 5, and The Compagnie Generale des Eaux.
1992 - 1995 English Language Trainer, The William Penn School, Paris, France
- Responsible for the teaching of the English language and business communication courses to senior-level managers of major French industrial companies.
1987 - 1992 Rhone-Poulenc S.A., Strategic Planning Department (1990-1992), Paris, France, Rhone-Poulenc Specialty Chemicals Division (France)
- Responsible for strategic analyses in the specialty chemicals area.
Manager, Market Research and Planning (1987-1990), Princeton, NJ, Rhone-Poulenc Inc. (USA), Fine Chemicals Division
- Responsible for analyses and assessments of existing markets, development of new markets, positioning of new products, and diversifications.
1985 - 1987 Staff Consultant, Chem Systems Inc. (USA), Tarrytown, NY
- Chemical industry management consulting for client companies in all aspects of strategic evaluations of existing businesses, new markets and products, and competitor analyses.
1983 - 1985 Market Research Analyst, The PQ Corporation, Valley Forge, PA
1977 - 1983 Product Manager, Durkee Foods (USA), Cleveland, OH
- MBA The Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio
- MS Biology, The Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio
- BA Biology, Wittenberg University, Springfield, Ohio