Ceramic Engineering Consultant
Technical Consultant #1117
- Powder synthesis and processing of oxides and nonoxides.
- Nanostructural ceramics, including dispersion and mixing of fine particles.
- Functional material expertise in electroceramics, optics, and biomaterials.
- Conducts experimental ceramic engineering and processing in a ceramic research laboratory
University Professor, College of Engineering, Department of Ceramics
Research on developing engineering principles for ceramic materials synthesis and processing. Primary interests in low temperature processes to make materials that can match or improve upon those that require high temperature processing. Main areas of processing expertise are dispersion and particulate mixing and solution crystallization of ceramics. Functional materials expertise extends primarily to electroceramics, optics, and biomaterials. Research work on powder synthesis and processing of oxides and nonoxides.
Honors & Publications
- Fellow, American Ceramic Society
- Center for Nanomaterials Research, Associate Director, 1996 - present
- Over 130 publications and 7 patents.
- Ph.D., Ceramics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Materials Science, Draper Laboratories Fellow. Thesis title: The role of the chemical processing variables for the synthesis of ideal alkoxy-derived SrTiO3 powder.
- B.S., Ceramic Engineering, highest honors, Rutgers, The State University, College of Engineering, Department of Ceramics