- Environmental Engineering
- Gas Filtration
- Fiberbed Filters
- Mist Elimination
- Air Pollution Control
- Indoor Air Quality
- Oil Mist Control
- Blue Haze Elimination
- Emission Control
2001 - Present Independent Consultant
- Consulting assignments with various companies aimed toward improving business structure and profitability. An executive in Residence at the Port of Technology, part of the Science Center in Philadelphia, PA. Major thrust is to help entrepreneurial companies develop into self-sufficient entities.
1985 - 2000 Ceco Filters, Inc., Founder, CEO, President Board Member
- Co-purchased remnants of existing manufacturer of air quality improvement products with annualized sales of $250,000 and two employees. Through internal growth and strategic acquisitions built company to $100 million in revenues and over 600 employees under the CECO Environmental Corporation umbrella.
- Experienced with IPO's and financing activities.
- Negotiated the non-dilutive acquisition of Air Purator Corporation, a specialty
- Acquired Busch Company, the leading supplier of steel and aluminum mill enclosures and exhaust systems in 1997 in a non-dilutive transaction.
- Familiarity with banking, investment advisor's, placement agents and other funding sources.
1984 - 1985 Consultant
- Business and technical consultant engaged in mergers and acquisitions and environmental engineering with particular emphasis on solid waste and hazardous waste disposal and air quality improvement.
1978 - 1984 Stablex Corporation, Subsidiary of Rio Tinto Zink, Vice President, Director
- Vice President of Engineering and Technical Services for this subsidiary of Rio Tinto Zinc, with interests in metals, oil, mining, and other industries. Responsibilities included:
- E. I. DuPont de Nemours & Company - sales and engineering
- Air Reduction Corporation - plant shift supervisor
Honors & Publications
- 9 US Patents
- Many publications
Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, Carnegie-Mellon University,
M.S. Chemical Engineering, Newark College of Engineering
B.E. Chemical Engineering, City College of New York