- MSDS, label production and review for U.S. (OSHA), Canada, (WHMIS), Europe and Mexico.
- MSDS ERP system integration, (SAP).
- Chemical, MSDS, label management systems, design, install and maintain.
- National and international product classifications, transportation and emergency response.
- Chemical, environmental, and health risk assessments.
- Process safety management and audits.
- Chemical, regulatory, toxicological and environmental information searching.
- Compose hazard communication plans, hazard communication training, including hazard risk assessments and information searching.
- Product planning: Inventory registration and verification.
- Transportation and emergency response, (DOT, IMO, ICAO, and IATO).
- Regulatory compliance review.
- European preparation classification.
- Consumer product and special labeling, (NFPA, HMIS and labeling systems).
- Pre Manufacturing Notice (PMN).
- Polymer exemption.
- Notice of Commencement (NOC).
- Registration: FDA, FIFRA, and pesticides.
Undisclosed Company, Principal, 1997 - Present
- Write, review and manage worldwide MSDS and MSDS Labels.
- Build and maintain chemical management systems.
- Write and review hazard communication plans.
- Provide product stewardship including state, national and international regulatory compliance.
- Transportation, RTK and reporting.
- Classify products for regulatory categories and inventories.
- Resolve EPA TSCA registrations and inventory conflicts.
- Expedite FDA and Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) registrations and labeling.
- Perform risk assessments and information searches.
Zeneca Specialties Safety, Health & Environment, Wilmington, DE, Manager, 1991 - 1997
- As the Product Safety Information Manager, managed group producing MSDS and labels.
- Designed MSDS and label expert production system.
- Reviewed MSDS and labels.
- Classified products.
- Conducted health hazard risk assessments.
- Managed SAP conversion.
- Revised hazard communication plant.
- Resolved inventory conflicts.
ICI Corporate Safety, Health & Environmental Affairs, Wilmington, DE, Specialist, 1989 - 1991
- Responsibilities as a Senior Information Specialist: Produced and reviewed MSDS and labels.
- Wrote standard statements.
- Maintained and revised MSDS and label production systems.
- Information searches.
Senior Information Scientist, 1986 - 1989
- Built and maintained computer systems and procedures.
- Conducted patent searches.
- Trained chemists on computer systems.
ICI Pharmaceuticals, Medicinal Chemistry Group, Wilmington, DE, Information Scientist, 1983 - 1986
- Conducted chemical information searches.
- Setup new computer systems for on-line searching and trained group.
Educator, 1972 - 1983
- Chemistry instructor for universities and secondary level.
Honors & Publications
- SHE Auditor Training
- TSCA Procedures
- Toxicology for Hazard Communication
- Optimizing the Communication of Hazards
- Canadian Environmental Notification Regulations (CEPA)
- International Chemical Labeling and MSDS Production
- Hazard Communication for the European Union
- Canadian WHMIS Regulations
- MSDS and Labels for Hazard Communication
- Personal Management
- Effective Presentation Skills
- Various courses in on-line searching techniques and computer applications
- M.A. Chemistry, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- B.S. Chemistry, Fordham University, Bronx, NY