Technical Editor: Editing and Proofreading of Pharmaceutical Labeling, Technical Literature, Training Materials, and Consumer Publications
Technical Consultant #1059
Over 35 years editing, proofreading, and writing in the environments of pharmaceutical labeling, technical publications, training, advertising, book publishing, public relations, media placement, product development, and sales. Provides editorial services on projects in the following areas:
- Pharmaceutical labeling
- Corporate internal documents
- Website content and online publications
- Training materials
- Consumer information
Independent Consultant, 2006 - Present
Provider of editorial services as an independent consultant with recent projects that have included:
- Editorial review, verification of references, proofreading, and electronic editing of print, website, and training materials for infant and children's nutritional products.
- Editing and proofreading of materials for print and online publications.
- Proofreading of foreign language pharmaceutical patient package inserts.
- Editing of book manuscripts and proofreading of page proofs.
- Labeling for pharmaceutical inserts and packaging.
Advertising Industry, Editing, Proofreading, and Writing
- Wrote news releases, radio commercials, scripts for slide/sound presentations, newspaper and magazine advertisements, technical manuals, specifications sheets for industrial products, and newsletter articles.
- Proofread in-house print production materials.
- Editing of manuscripts and proofreading of galleys and page proofs of history textbooks and trade books.
- Writing of newsletter articles.
Public Relations and Media
- Arranging of media bookings (newspaper, radio, and TV talk show appearances) for Scott Paper Company's spokesperson for product publicity of Scott's new and existing consumer products.
- Took over the functions of the Scott spokesperson, making radio and TV appearances and giving newspaper interviews on behalf of Scott in major East Coast markets.
- Production of many slide/sound presentations for both public and in-house use by The Mead Corporation, other industrial clients, and the City of Dayton, Ohio.
- These projects included writing, photography, recording, editing, mixing, and dubbing of soundtracks.
- Arranging publicity events, press conferences, and Open House events for new co-op and condominium complexes and other clients.
Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc., Proofreader/Editor, Global Labeling Division and Global Packaging Services, 1997 - 2005
- Editorial review of physician inserts and patient inserts for consistency and style.
- Proofreading of physician inserts, patient inserts, and supporting documents for regulatory submission.
- Proofreading of text in English and foreign languages for pharmaceutical and nutritional products packaging components (product inserts, cartons, and package labels).
- Conducting training sessions for my department on the use of tools in Microsoft%uFFFF Word.
- Verifying measurements, bar codes, and other technical specifications on artwork.
- Review and editing of SOPs on departmental document management processes.
- Checking color separations of artwork and printer's proofs.
Place Setters, Inc., Principal and Co-Founder, 1977 - 1997
- A manufacturer of high quality kitchen appliance covers, place mats, and accessory home textile products, primarily sold to retail stores for purchase by the end user.
- Specialized in home use products; knowledge of and response to home fashion trends were necessary.
- Other responsibilities included production oversight, purchasing of raw materials, placement of advertising and editorial coverage in trade publications, and development of packaging and promotional materials.
- Arranged for a licensing agreement for the manufacture of kitchen appliance covers to coordinate with patterns of Pfaltzgraff dishes and cookware.
- Products were sold in over 50 Pfaltzgraff retail outlet stores and other retail stores, and were featured in The Pfaltzgraff Collector's Catalog.
- MBA Management (with Marketing minor), St. Joseph's University, Philadelphia, PA
- BA Journalism, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA