- Injection molding process and injection molding equipment.
- Injection molding troubleshooting, tooling and molding equipment optimization.
- Plastic and polymer materials used in injection molding.
- Injection molding machines and selecton by part size and duty cycle.
- Top Entry (TE) robots.
- Hot runners for molding.
- Manufacturing Molding Equipment: Fire Damage Case: Provided reporting of equipment and recommendations for replacement of machines.
- Infringement case in the area of automobile parts.
Independent Consultant, Injection Molding Industry Expertise 2001 - Present
- Start up and optimiziation of injedtion molding poocess.
- Molding systems integration with resin hoppers,
- Project management and defining quality improvement programs.
- Injection molding troubleshooting.
- Tooling start-up and optimization.
- Injection molding equipment selection and specification with a focus on hot runners machines.
- Training on plastic materials and injection molding technology.
Husky Injection Molding Systems, Project Manager/Engineer 2000 - 2001
- Develop potential customers and applications for injection molding equipment.
- Consult with customers regarding the design and use of Husky IMS to ensure satisfaction and continued business.
- Project management of several multi-million dollar "Turn Key" integrated systems.
- Provide customer support through quoting, ordering, manufacture, delivery, and set-up of molding systems, including: machines, tooling, robots, and part handling quipment.
- Provide application suggestions to customers regarding hot runner tools.
General Motors Corporation, Delphi Packard Electric Systems, Senior Injection Molding Process Engineer, 1995 - 2000
- Set-up more than 120 plastic injection molds and 60 plastic injection molding machines for new facility.
- Experience with Mold Masters (MM) Hot Runner Systems, utilizing hot tip and mechanical valve gate designs.
- Experience with Battenfeld Nitrogen Gas Assist Injection technology incorporated with MM Hot Runner Systems.
- Installed and debugged Battenfeld and Van Dorn hydraulic and toggle style machines ranging from 88 to 300 tons.
- Experience with Ranger, Battenfeld, and Automated Assemblies Servo Robotic Part Picker Systems.
- Experience with Battenfeld TC-40, Allen Bradley Pro-Set 700, Van Dorn Pathfinder, and Toyo machine controllers.
- Experience with molding materials, such as unfilled and filled Nylon 6, PBT, PP and PC's.
- Investigated numerous alternative plastic materials for potential cost savings and quality improvement.
- Established process direction for plant, including two off-shift process engineers and process technicians.
- Experimented with various polymer compositions for electrical connectors.
- Coordinated and set-up numerous experimental materiial trials in the metal stamping area.
- Organized solder pot analysis program, identified harmful trends and recommended process changes.
- Developed a computerized Expert System to select electrical terminal materials.
- Involved in daily product support and quality improvement.
IBM Advanced Materials Engineering Laboratory, Poughkeepsie, New York, 1991
- Experimented with the coloring and pigmentation of polyimide polymers.
- Experimented and developed solution heat-treating, cold drawing, age-hardening, and anodization processes for Alclad-Cu Dual Tapered Pistons (DTP). DTP's designed to remove heat from computer chips.
- Designed and coordinated a gauge profile study to determine if the cold rolling facilities were capable of producing half-standard tolerances.
Honors & Publications
Activities, Honors, and Professional Associations:
- Engineer in Training (EIT), State of Ohio
- University of Akron Dow Chemical Graduate Student Fellowship
- University of Cincinnati Honor Scholarship and College of Engineering Scholarships.
- Past Secretary of UA Student Chapter of SPE and Treasurer of UC Student Chapter of Alpha Sigma Mu
- Several publications
- MS, Polymer Engineering, The University of Akron
- BS, Materials Engineering, University of Cincinnati