Senior Scientist and Supervisor with over twenty years of successful experience leading cross functional teams in Micromechanics of microinhomogeneous media and composite materials. Specific experience in:
- Particular and fiber reinforced composites with metal-matrix, plastic-matrix and ceramic-matrix.
- Functionally graded composites.
- Suspensions and emulsions.
- Constitutive modeling of composites.
- Multiscale analysis of composite materials.
- Thermo-elasto-plasticity and visco-plasticity of composites.
- Strength, fracture, fatigue, aging, and durability of composites.
- Damage mechanics.
- Conductivity in composites.
- Wave propagation in composites.
- Termo-electro-elasticity and other coupled effect in composites.
- Overall properties and the fluctuations of random fields.
- Differential and integral equations, asymptotic methods, optimization methods, numerical methods.
- Computational solid mechanics, nonlinear analysis.
- Probabilistic and reliability methods.
- Stochastic differential and integral equations.
Technical competency may be applied in the following branches of industry:
- Aircraft and space industry.
- Machine building when new composite materials are explored in intensive coupled physic-mechanical fields.
- Nondestructive testing.
- Chemical technology of suspension and emulsion.
- Coal-and oil industries.
- Powder metallurgy.
University of Dayton, Present
- Resident Instructor and Sr. Research Scientist
Wright-Patterson Air force Base, 1998 - 2000
- Sr. Resident Associate
TU Vienna, Austria, Lab-Micromechanics of Materials, 1994 -1998
- Visiting Research Professor
Max-Plank-Gesellschaft, TU Dresden, Germany, 1993 - 1994
- Max Planck Society Fellow
Moscow Institute Of Chemical Engineering, Russia, Department of Mathematics, 1984 - 1993
- Group Leader and Senior Research Scientist, Associate Professor, and Professor.
Research Institute of Chemical Engineering, Moscow USSR, 1976 - 1984
- Research Scientist, Group Leader and Senior Research Scientist.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Max-Planck-Society Fellowship (Germany)
- Austrian Society for the Promotion of Scientific Research Fellowship (FWF)
- National Research Council/United State Air Force Office of Scientific Research Associateship, Senior Research Associate.
- Member of Advisory Board of Editors, International Journal of Multiscale Computational Engineering
- Guest-Editor of the special issue entitled Recent Advances in Micromechanics of Composite Materials.
- 130 Publication, (97 in English) invited national and international lectures.
- D.Sc. Science: Mechanics of Solid, Timoshenko Institute of Mechanics, Ukraine, Kiev
- Ph.D. Engineering Science, Research Institute of Chemical Engineering, Moscow
- M.Sc. Mathematics, Moscow State University, Russia