Pesticide Regulation Consultant
Technical Consultant #1012
- Administration of a comprehensive structural pesticide regulatory program.
- Supervise approximately 40 employees and direct a statewide pesticide regulatory program encompassing education and enforcement of state and federal laws.
- Develop, implement, and maintain programs governing the registration, sale, and use of over 8,000 pesticides in South Carolina.
- Oversee the certification and licensing of all private and commercial applicators.
- Drafts and executes grant proposals, negotiates with EPA and other Federal agencies, prepare and administers grants totaling over $700,000 per year.
- Coordinate employee training, quality control and accountability programs.
Department of Pesticide Regulation, University Assistant Department Head, 1998 - Present
Department of Pesticide Regulation, District Supervisor, 1996 - 1998
- Review case files, prepare and, as necessary, present enforcement actions for administrative and criminal prosecution.
- Insure that inspections, investigations and other required activities for one-third of the state were accomplished correctly.
Department of Fertilizer and Pesticide Control, Senior Pesticide Regulatory Specialist, 1993 - 1996
- Trained new inspectors, performed quality control and performance audits of inspectors.
- Wrote training materials related to pesticide and regulatory controls.
Department of Fertilizer and Pesticide Control, Pesticide Regulatory Specialist, 1986 - 1993.
- Taught sessions, "Master Termite Technician" school.
- Wrote, developed, and taught "Apprentice Termite Technician" school.
- Wrote and developed "Wood Destroying Organism Inspection" instruction manual.
Wildlife International, Ltd. Aquatic Ecologist, 1986
- Assisted with agricultural research.
Honors & Publications
University-Wide Research Fellowship, University of Georgia
Graduate Research Fellowship, University of Alabama
Achievement Scholarship Award, College of Idaho
M.S. Biology, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Thesis: "Colonization and Community Structure in a Guild of Net-Spinning Trichoptera"
B.S. Entomology, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina
University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia