- Investigative toxicology, in vitro toxicology, safety pharmacology.
- Drug metabolism and disposition.
- Alternative methods for safety evaluation.
- Design non-clinical phases of drug development.
- Critique data and reports prior to submission to regulatory authorities.
- Monitor all phases of toxicology studies from inception to report.
- Assess manufacturing operations for industrial toxicology hazards.
- Personnel training in toxicological assessments.
- Literature reviews; preparation of toxicological profiles on chemicals or products.
- GLP compliance evaluation.
Expert Witness Experience
- Provided expert witnessing in toxicology and chemical safety.
Independent Consultant, 1995 - Present
Wyeth-Ayerst Research, Radnor, PA, 1985 - 1995
- Director, Exploratory Toxicology Division, 1993 - 1995
- Director, Drug Safety Evaluation, 1985 - 1993
Merk Sharp & Dohme Research Laboratories, 1964 - 1985
Merk Institute for Therapueutic Research, West Point, PA
- Director of Toxicology and Pathology, 1970 - 1985
- Director of Toxicology, 1967 - 1970
- Toxicologist, 1964 - 1967
- Expert witness in cases involving drugs and or chemicals.
Dow Chemical Company, Freeport, TX, 1963 - 1964
- Division Toxicologist
Military, 1960 - 2010
- Navy-Reserves, 1968 - 2010
- Active Duty, 1960 - 1963
- AAALAC ad hoc Consultant and Specialist.
- Lecturer at several universities on toxicology, mutagenicity, fetal development and carcinogenicity. In addition, participated or have been a staff member in several symposia on these and related subjects.
- Manuscript reviewer for "Toxicology & Applied Pharmacology" and "Journal of Laboratory Animal Science" in areas of teratogenesis, mutagenesis, and carcinogenesis, as well as general toxicology.
- Consultant to the Cancer Information Dissemination and Analysis Center under a National Cancer Institute contract.
- Served on several committees affiliated with the following: Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association, American Industrial Health Council and National Association of Manufacturers.
Honors & Publications
- Post-Doctoral appointment - U.S. Public Health Services, Toxicologist, Science Category.
- University of Cincinnati, OH, Thesis: "Studies on Brain Hexokinase"
- Graduate Student in Radiobiology, University of Rochester
- A.E.C. Fellow, Rochester, NY and Brookhaven National Laboratory, NY
- Diplomat, American Board of Toxicology
- Fellow, Academy of Toxicological Sciences
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Society of Toxicology
- American Board of Toxicology, Diplomat
- Academy of Toxicological Sciences, Fellow
- American College of Toxicology
- Mid-Atlantic Chapter, Society of Toxicology
- Environmental Mutagen Society
- American Association for Advancement of Science
- Genetic Toxicology Association
- Middle Atlantic Reproduction and Teratology Association
- Sigma Xi
- New York Academy of Sciences
- Academy of Kettering Fellows (U. of Cinn. alumni group)
- Over 35 publications
- Sc. D. Toxicology, Industrial Hygiene, University of Cincinnati, OH
- B.C.E. Environmental Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY~MBA.