General analytical chemistry problem solving and laboratory quality systems, including:
- Quality standards, GLP and ISO 9000.
- Experienced in developing, training and management of analytical laboratory facilities.
- Specialties include ICP emission spectroscopy for metals analysis, organic environmental analysis.
Senior Research Associate, E. I. DuPont de Nemours & Co. Over 35 years of diversified technical chemical manufacturing and customer support, the last 15 years focused on consulting with major emphasis on firstname.lastname@example.org problems.
- Organizer of ad hoc committee to develop laboratory systems that evolved into the ISO 9002 effort.
- Introduced modern ICP emission spectroscopy for metals analysis to reduce lab response time and costs.
- Developed project to provide a full service environmental lab.
- Introduced new chemistry to measure iron contamination in several key products.
- Established a program to streamline plant QC laboratory operations which served as a model for continuing control of manufacturing costs.
Honors & Publications
American Chemical Society, Continuing Education Program. Coordinator and one of developers for the course "GLP and ISO 9000, Laboratory Quality Systems".
- A. B., Chemistry, Harvard College
- Ph. D., Analytical Chemistry, University of Minnesota, 1958; Thesis under the direction of Professor E. B. Sandell "Study of the Determination of Traces of Lead with Dithizone."
- Continuing Education Courses: Chemometrics, University of Delaware, Introduction to ISO 9000, Quality Systems, ISO email@example.com Auditing, Short Course
- Company Sponsored Courses: NMR Spectroscopy, IR Spectroscopy, NIR Spectroscopy, Fundamentals of High Performance Liquid Chromatography, Modern Thermal Analysis, Water and Waste Analysis by U.S. EPA Methods.