- Plastic films and plastic films orientation
- Packaging and encapsulation of photovoltaic cells
- Synthetic paper and non-woven fabric handling
- Heat transfer and plastic heat exchanges
- Angioplasty balloons and angioplasty balloon fabrication
- Solar energy materials, films and encapsulants for photovoltaic systems
- Packaging of photovoltaic modules.
Undisclosed Company, President and Consulting Engineering, Present
BioSolar, Inc.,Chief Technology Officer
- Photovoltaic components produced from sustainable resourses.
Rowland Technologies, Inc., Consultant
- Flexible photovoltaic front glazing.
E. I. Du Pont de Nemours & Co., Inc., 1990 - 1993
- Senior Marketing Programs Manager, Teflon%uFFFF films.
Du Pont Company, Polymer Products, 1987 - 1990
- Manager, Oriented Films Development.
- Senior Research Associate, Process Development, Mylar%uFFFF film advanced, fluoropolymer films, angioplasty balloons, oriented, nylon films, shrinkable Kapton%uFFFF , Thermal Kapton%uFFFF , and PEKK, 1977 - 1987
- Process Development: Non-woven Fabric, Film Department: Synthetic paper, heat shrinkable and seals, 1973 - 1976
- Textile fibers, Process Development: Non-woven fabric, 1972 - 1973
- Central Research: Dense vapor turbine development and solar collector research, 1970 - 1972
- Development Department, R & D: Thermomagnetic recording, 1968 - 1969
- Development Department, Process Engineering: Teflon%uFFFF heat exchangers, 1966 - 1968
Independent Consulting Engineering Practice, 1974 - 1986
- Projects: Heat Transfer, Solar Energy, and Film Orientation.
Additional Professional Experience
- General Motors, Chrysler, General Motors, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, 1957 - 1964
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Intellectual Properties Owners Foundation - "Outstanding American Inventor."
- DuPont Departmental Award - "Improved Catheter Balloons."
- DuPont Divisional Awards - "Oriented Fluoropolymer Films." and "Braided Tube Heat Exchangers"
- Registered Professional Engineer, NSPE, ASME, SAE, SPE, Tau Beta Pi, PiTau Sigma, Sigma Xi.
- Author of presentations, conferences and for research societies.
- 10 U.S. Patents.
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
- MSME University of Connecticut, Storrs CT
- BSME University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI