Polymer chemical consultant with expert knowledge of commercial plastics uses and processing, polymer chemistry, polymer syntheses, polymer properties, and polymer blends and polymer alloys. Also skilled in the engineering processing of plastics, including injection molding, compression molding and extrusion.
Knowledgeable in additives for polymer processing and property enhancement.
Expert level experience and knowledge of these plastics:
- Teflon-fluoropolymer resins and films
- PTFE, FEP, PVA, PVDF
- Polysiloxanes and polysilazanes
First hand expert knowledge of acetal resins
- Delrin acetal resins
- Celcon acetal resins
- PET, etc.
Nylons (condensation type resins as well as cast nylon parts up to1000 lbs.)
Aromatic based polymers (Xydar, LCP liquid crystal polymers)
Polysulfone, PPS, etc.
SMA, acrylics (Lucite, Plexiglass, etc.)
Polyolefins (PE, PP, LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE and UHMWPE)
Polystyrene based materials (PS, ABS, SAN, Noryl , etc.)
Vinyls (PVC), thermosets such as phenolics
Urea based thermosets and other amino based resins, and epoxies.
Polymer modification and reactive extrusion
Polymer grafting, polymer alloys
Extruded and injection molded foams
Glass fiber reinforcing
- Thermal stabilizers
- Flame retardants
- Toughening polymers
- Improving hydrolytic stability
- Impact resistance
- Blowing agents for foams
- Heat shrinkable films, heat shrinkable fluoropolymers
- Preceramic polymers
- Water soluble polymers
- Highly filled systems
- Novel alloys and blends
- UV stabilized systems
- Polarizer films
- Color concentrates
- Color matching
- Liquid and solid color systems
- Color dispersions
- Polymer Chemist
- Norton Performance Plastics
- Union Carbide Silicones Division
- Dart and Kraft, GAF Corp.
- DuPont Plastics Department
- University of Connecticut at Stamford, Dept. of Chemistry, Adjunct Professor
Honors & Publications
- Fifty publications and patents.
- Ph.D. in Physical Organic Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania
- M. S. in Organic Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania
- B. S. in Chemistry, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute