- Oil and gas operations oversite, risk corrosion and H2S technologist.
- Materials specialist for the oil and gas industries.
- Energy alloys providing technical services in metallurgy and materials worldwide.
- Sour services (H2S, hydrogen sulphide) and technical support, domestic and abroad.
- Asset Integrity Management specialist in the oil and gas industry.
- Metallurgist with proven record in the oil and gas industry.
- Corrosion specialist servicing the oil and gas industry.
- Oversight of Maintenance Panel: NACE MR0175 / ISO 15156 and IOGP 15156 committee (ISO/TC 67/WG 7 "Corrosion resistant materials") and as a Great Britain national expert member of the British Standard Institute committee PSE/17/67/7.
- Metallurgy, welding and corrosion of oil and gas equipment and a full understanding of international standards and their implications on HSE and regulatory requirements.
- Regulatory compliance in the oil and gas, assure business continuity and optimize expenditures.
Expert Witness Experience
- Technical support in dispute resolution between an FPSO owner and an asset operator. The dispute centered on the suitability of materials for sour service.
Undisclosed Company, Director, 2014 - Present
- Corrosion expert advice to the oil and gas industry to meet regulatory compliance, assure business continuity and optimize expenditure.
- Carry out consultancy projects throughout the world's existing and emerging oil markets.
- Responsible for delivering technical solutions to our clients that add value to their operations including well integrity, operations support and life extension.
- Materials and Corrosion Discipline Authority for Dana Petroleum.
- Avantgarde Shipping / Tuff Offshore Technical Authority for FPSO design and fabrication.
- Due diligence support for financial institutions in London.
- Research and development in materials for downhole tools and wireline tools.
- Well integrity support to East Europe operator.
- Corrosion management and corrosion under insulation technical support to Total, GE Oil and Gas, Hellenium Petroleum, Infineum, and DNV-GL.
- Panel member of the British Geological Society Shale, United Kingdom, "Below ground risks and impact" - well integrity and aquifer management.
Xodus Group, London, U.K., Materials and Corrosion Global Lead, 2012 - 2014
- Managed the Materials and Corrosion discipline in Xodus Group across the globe with responsibilities both technically and commercially, generating over %uFFFF1 million of EBITDA and supporting the financial goals of the company.
- Team Lead of materials specialists tasked to deliver quality services in a timely fashion.
- Technical Authority acting on behalf of our clients for EPIC projects in the North Sea, Kurdistan and Turkmenistan ensured contractors complied with HSE local legislation, project requirements and relevant international codes.
- Project manager for a major interdisciplinary subsurface integrity review of two fields in Middle East (UAE).
- Lead materials engineer in several FEED projects.
- Development and implementation of Causeway Asset Integrity Management System.
Subsea Riser Products, Woking, U.K.,Senior Materials Engineer, 2011 - 2012
- Overall responsible for metallurgy and materials.
- Providing advice and guidance to SRP and other companies in the Acteon Group with the development and delivery of products.
- Responsible for SRP material specifications for HPHT wells in accordance to client and international industry code requirements.
- Oversee steel and processing supplier selection and development.
Energy Alloys, Sheffield, U.K., Manager of Technical Services, 2009 - 2011
- Manager for Technical Services for the Eastern Hemisphere in charge of Metallurgy and Materials, for the following locations: United Kingdom, Dubai, Singapore and South Korea.
- Team lead to 7 metallurgist and quality specialists across the Eastern Hemisphere locations.
- In charge of delivering downhole solutions for clients around the world.
- International industry code requirements and in charge of steel and processing suppliers selection and development.
Projects and Executed Positions, 1997 - 2009
- Product Development Metallurgist, Energy Alloys, Sheffield, U.K.
- Development Engineering Manager, Cerrey, Monterrey, Mexico
- Senior Process Engineer, TenarisTamsa, Veracruz, Mexico
- Research Assistant, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, U.K.
- Research Engineer, Nemak, Monterrey, Mexico
- Production Engineer, Autlan Mining Company, Molango, Mexico
Domestic and International Educator and Conference Host
- Geological Society and British Geological Survey, (United Kingdom)
- NACE Corrosion (Canada and Texas USA)
- Eurocorr (Austria)
- New Materials and Corrosion Technologies for Oil and Gas Applications" Foundation Drilling-Oil-Gas Science, (Poland)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers: Shale Selection, Completions, Fracturing and Production; (Netherlands)
- Eurocorr (Italy)
- Halliburton: Advanced Casing Engineering Solutions, (Texas USA)
- American Petroleum Institute: API Specification 6A, (United Kingdom)
- Lloyds Register QA: ISO 9001 QMS Auditor Training Course, (United Kingdom)
- Tenaris University: Seamless Tubular Goods; Corrosion in Steel Products: Steelmaking
Honors & Publications
- Great Britain national expert member of the British Standard Institute committee PSE/17/67/7
- Member of IOGP 15156 committee (ISO/TC 67/WG 7 "Corrosion resistant materials")
- Member of NACE Task Group 299 on Oversight of Maintenance Panel for NACE MR0175 / ISO 15156
- Spanish (first language)
- English (fully bilingual)
- Italian (fluent)
- Portuguese (fluent)
- French (conversational)
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Professional Member of the Institute of Corrosion-MICorr
- National Association of Corrosion Engineers-NACE
- Society of Petroleum Engineers-SPE
- Author of a paper Entered in the British Geological Society Shale
- Ph.D. Philosophy, Doctor, Materials Engineering, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, U.K.
- M.S. Master in Sciences, Metallurgy, UANL, Monterrey, Mexico
- B.S. Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering, ITESM, Monterrey, Mexico