- Manufacturing and operations consulting with more than twenty years of experience in a variety of market segments including molded, cosmetic, tubular, and life science product lines.
- Glass forming defects and fracture analysis (Lexicon, PDA inspection protocols).
- Glass processing expert - molded, tubular and vials.
- Glass batch and furnace operations.
- Glass powder processing.
- Glass sintering and processing.
- Glass property and chemical testing (USP / JP /EP compendia testing).
- Glass raw material optimization.
- Glass decorating troubleshooting and processing.
- New product development.
- Glass durability and product interactions.
Undisclosed Company, Owner and Technical Director, 2014 - Present
- Specialize in sintered and powdered glass fabrication and technical consulting services.
- International positions and consulting engagements supporting a variety of market segments including pharmaceutical biotech, and medical device business sectors.
- Familiar with PDA glass inspection, Lexicon and standard pharmaceutical inspection protocols. Well versed in compendia testing requirements (USP, JP, EP).
Gerresheimer Glass, Inc., Millville, NJ, 2006 - 2011
Consultant and Technical NPD Manager, 2012 - 2014
- Responsible for the technical development of decorated cosmetic glass bottles and jars.
- Technical Liason between manufacturing sites, sales and customers on all new development projects launched in U.S.
- Managed each step of the development process from conceptual design through 1st production utilizing detailed project plans to coordinate activities between customer specifications and manufacturing and decorating site.
- Participate in line trial evaluations of product launches at customer filling sites.
Consultant - Tubular Glass Americas (Gerresheimer Glass, Inc.), 2011 - 2012
- Responsible for quality improvements through detailed CAPA investigations and inspection equipment validation projects for pharmaceutical borosilicate tubular vial manufacturing site.
- Directed customer complaint resolution through root cause analysis and subsequent corrective action
- Implemented team based approach to problem solving with joint CAPA investigation between customers and manufacturing team.
- Responsible for validation of state of the art Vision Inspection Systems utilized on five production lines.
- Special customer projects include glass delamination studies, breakage analysis, contaminant identification and elimination.
Technical Specialist - Moulded Products Division, 2006 - 2011
- Led melting operations improvement initiatives for multiple glass manufacturing facilities to optimize glass quality and improve productivity.
- Optimized time to achieve targeted color transitions with a (-) 50% reduction in turnover time.
- Executed raw material optimization projects resulting in $875,000 in material cost savings annually.
- Co-led energy optimization programs to meet NJ DEP, NOx, Sox and emission compliance regulations.
- Performed all petrographic glass defect identification, glass fracture analysis and glass improvement initiatives.
Kimble Glass, Inc., Vineland, NJ, Director of Quality for Tubular, Blown, Scientific, 1996 - 2000
- Directed a quality team with responsibilities for tubular and scientific glass product quality for twelve (12)production lines including Laboratory Service support functions.
- Director of Laboratory Services.
Lawson Mardon Wheaton, Millville, NJ, Furnace Department Manager, 1996
- Directed all aspects of melting operations for three (3) borosilicate furnaces in the production of specialty glass products for the pharmaceutical industry.
Wheaton Glass Products, Glass Technologist, 1995 - 1996
- For the Glass Research and Development Center Provided technical assistance to multiple glass manufacturing facilities servicing the cosmetic and pharmaceutical markets by optimizing glass quality and IS machine production efficiencies.
Osram Sylvania, Inc., Central Falls, RI, Melting Engineer and Glass Technologist, 1990 - 1995
- Provided technical assistance to melting operations resulting in the production of exceptional glass quality on two glass furnaces (borosilicate and soda-lime) feeding six diverse forming lines.
- Initiated and implemented process improvement initiatives on glass ribbon machines, paste mold turret chain machines, and fluorescent tube line operations.
GTE Products Corp.,St. Mary's, PA, Product and Process Engineer, 1989 - 1990
- Provided hands on resolution of glass and other related problems associated with the high-speed manufacturing processes used in the production of incandescent and HID lighting products.
Honors & Publications
- Author of several publications with subject matters in: Gas Solubility and Inert Gases in Glasses and Melts.
- M.S. Glass Science, Alfred University, Alfred, NY
- B.S. Ceramic Engineering, Alfred University, Alfred, NY