- Materials science with a focus on semiconductors, conductive polymers, nanocrystals, carbon nanotubes and bio-molecular materials.
- Materials interfaces, surface science, chemical interaction at surfaces and electronic structure.
- Surface science and surface characterization using photoemission spectroscopy, scanning probe microscopy, Kelvin probe, focused ion beam, scanning electron microscopy and UVVIS.
- Thin film deposition with spray and vapor deposition.
- Thin film growth and characterization.
- Carbon nanotube structure and growth.
- Electrospray injection and applications of electrospray.
- Electronic materials with a focus on organic materials and plastic electronics.
- Ferroelectric materials (LiNbO3.)
- Undisclosed University, Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering, 2005 - Present
- University of South Florida, Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering, 2000 - 2005
- SUNY, Binghamton, Assistant Professor of Physics, 1999 - 2000
- Naval Research Laboratory, Optical Sciences Division, 1999
- Colorado State University, DFG fellowship: Post Doctoral, 1995 - 1999
- Research fellowships at the "Venture Business Laboratory" at Kobe University
- Osaka University and University of Arizona, Research
- California State University, Research Stay, Parkinson's Laboratory
- Hahn-Meitner-Institute, Research Assistant, Berlin, Germany, 1991 - 1987
- Dornier System GmbH, Research internship, Germany, 1986
Honors & Publications
- University of South Florida Outstanding Faculty Award
- European Union Science and Technology Research Fellowship
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG): Post Doctoral Fellowship
- Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD): Graduate Research Fellowship
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- AVS, MRS, Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft (DPG)
- 50 peer reviewed publications
- Four patents
Ph.D. Physics, Technical University Berlin, Germany