- Diesel engine emissions requirements and technology.
- Diesel engine installations.
- Diesel engine systems/fuel/air/cooling/exhaust.
- Diesel engine maintenance procedures and requirements.
- Technical training isolated to diesel engines and diesel exhaust emissions.
- Sales training and management of sales teams.
Independent Consultant, Present
Undisclosed Firm, Project-Program Manager, 2007 - 2008
- Managed major projects: Setup, product install, training centre, investigation, and procurement of a 500 BHP AC Dynamometer, including the construction of the Dynamometer Test Cell.
- Managed Case Studies for established customers utilizing Hy-Drive Technologies systems,(HGS: Hydrogen Generating System) installed on vehicles and equipment.
- Provided Hy-Drive Technologies Ltd Technical, and engine application support for the installation of HGS Product, on and off highway applications.
Cummins Inc., OEM Sales, Manager Industrial, Canada, 1991 - 2006
- Sales Manager, diesel industrial engine for off-highway applications through the Canadian distribution system.
- Direct Sales for major agricultural equipment manufacturer in western Canada. Created, and managed sales promotion activities to support product sales.
- Developed annual operating plans, composed Industrial sales policy, pertaining to the worldwide distribution system.
- Created, and managed sales promotion activities to support product sales.
- Provided technical and sales support to Canadian distributors that helped grow OEM Business from approximately $10 million in 1991 to over $40 million.
- Gained reputation among distributors as the technical expert, on US and Canadian diesel engine emissions requirements. Regularly requested to provide feedback and information to head office emissions group in United States.
- Managed "Power Take-Off" sales promotion program, which placed Canadian distributors on top for 8 years, achieving first place 4 times.
Sport Deck Inc., Principle Owner, Mississauga, Canada, 1986 - 1991
- Started and operated a landscape construction company, concentrating primarily on custom built exterior wooden structures, including stone and interlocking work.
- Grew sales to over $300,000. providing quality work and managing customer relationships.
- Completed over 130 Projects in five and half years.
Cummins Ontario Ltd, Production Manager, Ontario, Canada, 1975 -1986
- Managed the operation of a diesel electric generator fabrication and engine shop.
- Managed rebuilt facility and parts department.
- Responsibility for in-house and outside engine re-build, maintenance, and parts training programs.
- Responsible for the troubleshooting, repair, and rebuilding, of Cummins Diesel Engines, primarily for the on-highway truck business.
Honors & Publications
Instructor and Mentor
- Motor Vehicle Mechanic - Class A License - Inter Provincial Standing
- Diesel Endorsement to Class A license
- Sheridan College - Hydraulics Program
- Certified Cummins Training Instructor
- Certified Acclivus Sales Negotiation Trainer
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Institute of Mining Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM)
- Canadian Association of Equipment Distributors (CAED)
- Mining Diesel Exhaust Committee (MDEC)- Organizing Member
- Hydraulics Program, Sheridan College
- Cummins Training Instructor, Certificate
- Acclivus Sales Negotiation Trainer, Certificate