- Provide Workshops in the Manufacturing Industries for Americans working with the Japanese Industries.
- Business experience with Melinex® polyester (PET) film, Delrin® acetal resins and Zytel® nylon resins.
- Marketing research and end use analysis for PET films and acetal and nylon plastic engineering plastics and markets.
- Experienced in developing short and long term product demand forecast models and applying BCG experience curves for econometric forecasts.
Independent Consultant, Training 2005 - Present
- Provide Training to the Fluoropolymer industry (suppliers and processors).
- One or two-day workshop on "Working with the Japanese."
Daikin Industries, Japan, Executive Vice President, 1992 - 2005
- Senior American in the U.S. subsidiary of Daikin Industries and was instrumental in growing the business from $40 million to over $300 million.
- Sales, marketing, customer service, accounting, administration and technical service functions were staffed and the U.S. manufacturing facility was sold-out shortly after start-up.
- All company functions except direct plant operations and IT report to the Executive Vice President.
ICI Fluoropolymers, U.S. Canada and Central and South America, 1979 - 1992
- Responsible for all commercial aspects of ICI's fluoropolymer business in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
- Profit and loss responsibility for business in the Americas with 20 professionals as direct reports.
- Responsibilities included financial budgets, sales, marketing, pricing, product mix strategy, promotion, forecasting and sourcing.
- Reported to ICI's international business manager in U.K.
Technical Service and Applications Development Representative
- Provided technical help to customers processing ICI's Melinex polyester films.
- Defined requirements for new film types and introduced these to the market.
Senior Sales Trainer
- Trained ICI sales representatives and administered management training courses in U.S. and in Latin America.
DuPont Co., 1968 - 1979
- Responsible for selling DuPont's experimental engineering plastics to all branches of the U.S. Military.
- Focused on high temperature nylon resins.
Sales Development Planning and Support Specialist
- Developed sales for Du Pont's engineering plastics (acetal, nylon, polyester) in new applications and market areas.
Process Supervisor, Carney's Point, New Jersey
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of DuPont's nitrocellulose plant.
Marketing Research Representative
- Identified safety glazing market for DuPont's Lucite acrylic sheet.
- Quantified the impact of Federal solid waste disposal legislation on Du Pont's plastics business.
- Conducted market research studies and computerized end-use and competitive analyses for Teflon® fluoropolymers, Delrin acetal and Zytel nylon resins.
- Developed short and long range econometric forecasts for Zytel and Teflon and developed BCG experience curves for these products.
Technical Service Representative
- Provided technical assistance to DuPont's Teflon customers.
- Member of the research and development team that developed DuPont's Tefzel melt fluoropolymer from a laboratory idea to a commercial product.
- Developed manufacturing processes and demonstrated processes in semi-works operations.
Honors & Publications
- Spanish - fluent in conversation, writing, reading (19 year stay in Colombia, Peru and Argentina)
- Portuguese - Communication
- French - 2 years
- M.S. Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
- B.S. Chemical Engineering Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA