- Electrospining, fiber morphology, structure -property relationship.
- Superhydrophobic material as self-cleaning, and anti-corrosion agents.
- Multiwalled carbon nanotubes , nanocomposites and nanomaterial.
- Non-wettable surfaces and polymers application as coating surfaces.
- Polymer nanocomposites as semi-conductive materials.
- Thermal, mechanical, electrical and morphological properties of polymer composites.
- Polymer electrolyte as polymer/lithium-ion battery.
- Electrochemical properties, galvanostatic, charge-discharge cycling and capacitance.
- The behavior of polymers in solution, polymer-solvent interaction and polymer blends.
- Plastic injection molding and polymer casting.
- Development, testing, and rheological properties of fuels and lubricating oils.
- Polymers as lube oils additives.
Independent Consultant, Present
- Polymer Research Scientist in multi-disciplinary areas: Polymer Materials, Project Management, Chemical Engineering, Product Development, Petrochemical Process, Electrochemistry, Material Testing and Applying Technology meeting clients requirements.
- Polymer designer: Behavior of polymer in solution, polymer nanocomposites as semi-conductive materials, polymer electrolyte and its application as polymer/lithium-ion battery, plastic injection molding, polymer casting, polymer colloids, polymer electrospinning, nanomaterial, superior hydrophobic and piezoelectric surfaces as self-cleaning, biofouling protecting and anti-corrosion agents, polymers as viscosity index improver and its rheological properties.
- Plan projects, organize tasks, lead team project, resolve problems, summarize and draw conclusions effectively utilizing; organizational, problem solving and communication skills, experienced in process optimizing, reducing complexity,
- Design of experiments, regression analysis, material characterization, using various analytical instruments; troubleshoot instrument failures, developing test protocol and familiar with the concepts of the Lean Six Sigma Process.
Oakland University, Rochester, IL Postdoctoral Research Scientist, 2014
- Developed superior hydrophobic, piezoelectric surface based on the polymer nanocomposite of PVDF-PAN/MWNTs by using electrospinning method and its applications as self-cleaning, anti-corrosion, anti-icing coating in aerospace industry and biofouling protecting.
- Developed electrospun nanofibers using different types of polymers, solvents, nanoparticles and optimized parameters affecting the nonwoven nanofibers morphology.
- Developed semiconducting film of polymer and nanocomposites and characterized its electrochemical properties, galvanostatic discharge, charge-discharge cycling and capacitance by using electrochemical impedance spectroscopy.
World Bank, Dhamar, Yemen, Quality Improvement Team Leader, 2010 - 2014
- Successfully led the team in writing a winning proposal to World Bank on Quality Improvement Project for Biochemical Technology Program with total amount grant $620,000 USD.
- Led and managed Quality Improvement Team of the project in implementation, procurement plans and developing core competencies, capacity building, professional development of academic staff and consulting service, selected vendors, purchased new testing equipment and supplies for Biochemical Technology program.
Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, Postdoctoral Research Scientist, 2008
- Optimized materials and process conditions to develop polymer nanocomposites containing PEG, PAN, PVP, carbon nanotubes, fullerenes and to improve performance of thermal, mechanical and electrical properties of modified polymer and nanocomposites.
- Developed multiple polymer blends, including materials selection to optimize the compatibility of different polymer blends in solution and solid state.
- Conducted formulation and material selection to improve processing and to achieve enhanced thermal and electrical properties.
Thamar University, Dhamar, Yemen, Associate Professor, 2001 - 2014
- Supervised a team project to develop new series of PEG-modified polyesteramide resins based on linseed oil fatty acid (LOFA) as anti-corrosion agent for surface coating and optimized the parameters to improve the physicochemical and corrosion inhibiting films properties with improved performance and reduced cost.
- Developed aromatic oligoazomethines, doped with I2, MWNTs and its application in formulation of photovoltaic panels.
- Developed polymer electrolyte containing PMMA/PEG and lithium salts and its application as polymer/lithium - ion battery.
- Taught undergraduate and postgraduate students courses in Polymer Chemistry, Plastic and Rubber Technology, Petrochemistry (nine years) and supervised of 27 undergraduate students with research projects, two MSc. Students with thesis, and reviewed thesis as external examiner for one MSc. Student and one PhD student.
- Supervised undergraduate students training on the plastics and rubber technology and plastic injection molding.
Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia, Bratislava, Research Assistant, 1996 - 2000
- Successfully developed a series of poly(alkyl methacrylates) and its fractionation by using the method of fractional precipitation, combined with lowering the temperature by using solvent-non-solvent system and structural-property relationship of materials.
- Evaluated the interaction of hydrogenated styrene-butadiene copolymer with different base oils and its characterization related to lubricant additives development, lubricant formulation, lubricant rheology, lubricant tribology and its application as viscosity index improver and pour point depressant for lubricating oils.
- Removal of paraffin from base oil by using solvent, non-solvent method under very low temperatures
- Strong background and hands-on experience in rheology of polymer melts, solutions, blends and structural and property evaluation of polymers.
Honors & Publications
- Analytical tools: Wet chemistry analysis, UV/Visible, ATR-FTIR, GC, GPC, DSC, SEM, AFM, TGA, Melt Flow Rate testing, Tensile Properties Analyzers, Impact Strength, Rheometry, polymer sputtering, Light Scattering, Viscometry, Refractometry, Contact Angle Goniometer and related techniques for semiconductor materials such as electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, four-probe, CV/GV.
- Software: Chemcad, Chemoffice, Hyperchem, Solid Works Mold Tools, Origin, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and basic knowledge of AutoCAD, LabView and MATLAB.
- Arabic, native
- Czech, very fluent
- Slovak, very fluent
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Dean, Faculty of Applied Science, Thamar University.
- Vice-Dean for student's affairs, Faculty of Applied Science, Thamar University, Yemen.
- Member of the Editorial Board of Thamar University Journal of Natural & Applied Sciences
- Member, Post-graduate curriculum committee at Faculty of Applied Science, Thamar University
- Member, Society of Colleges of Science in the Arab Universities
- Member of Thamar University Council .
- Member of Committee of Curriculum reform at Faculty of Applied Science , Thamar University
- Member of Students' Affairs Council of Thamar University.
- American Chemical Society.
- American Nano Society
- Fulbright Postdoctoral fellowship
- Erasmus Mundus Postdoctoral Fellowship, External Cooperation Window, European Union
- Scholarship Awards by Slovak Ministry of Education for PhD.
- Scientific Excellence Award, Ministry of High Education and Scientific Research, Yemen
Publications and Patents
- Author and Co-Author of numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals and technical conferences.
- Ph.D. Polymer Chemistry, Slovak University of Technology, Slovakia ,Bratislava
- BSc. Chemical Engineering, Slovak Technical University, Slovakia, Bratislava