- Heat transfer equipment expert, with experience with shell and tube exchangers, air cooled exchangers, plate and frame exchangers, and spiral plate exchangers.
- Six Sigma Black Belt for trouble shooting process engineering.
Undisclosed Company, Advisor, Present
- Providing consulting to the chemical plant industries focused in: Heat transfer equipment, HTRI, (Heat Transfer Research Inc.) HTFS, (Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow Service) and process engineering.
The Dow Chemical Company (formerly Union Carbide Corporation), Process Engineering Specialist
- Oversaw the detailed functional design of process heat transfer equipment in Union Carbide and Dow Chemical plants worldwide including process reboilers, condensers, heaters and coolers.
- Selected design tools for process heat exchangers including those from Heat Transfer Research Incorporated (HTRI) and Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow Service (HTFS) in Europe, serving as an expert user of these tools.
- Developed "In-House" design and evaluation tools for heat transfer equipment and special applications not covered by HTRI and HTFS tools.
- Participated in control systems design and operating strategy for heat transfer equipment.
- Performed troubleshooting for heat transfer equipment mechanical failures and breakdown.
- Served as heat transfer representative on troubleshooting and debottlenecking teams seeking to improve process reliability, safety, and productivity.
- Evaluated heat transfer-related plant issues including heat losses, accuracy of temperature measurements, tracing systems.
- Evaluated, managed, and mitigated safety-related issues in heat exchangers due to runaway reaction, sudden internal tube failure, and corrosion.
- Led the Dow Chemical Process Engineering Heat Transfer Discipline Team.
Honors & Publications
- Completed graduate coursework in Chemical Engineering at West Virginia University
- 7 patents filed
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL