- Thirty years of experience in all phases of turnarounds, maintenance, and construction in the petroleum industry.
- Managing refinery turnaround project teams to complete capital projects safely and under budget.
Undisclosed Company, Present
Turnaround and Construction Manager: Projects-Suncor Energy and Sarnia Refinery
- Managed all construction activities for a $960 million revamp project.
- Provided constructability engineering guidance.
- Led the development and implementation of contracting strategies to execute the work.
- Managed two major turnarounds to complete the tie in work associated with the project.
- Integrated all of the refinery turnaround maintenance.
Imperial Oil, Ltd., Strathcona Refinery, Construction Manager
- Led a $140 million low sulfur motor gasoline project
- Participating in the development and implementation of the safety program.
- Overseeing the prime contractor's grass roots unit construction.
- Planning and execution of all outside battery limit construction activities.
- Led the development and implementation of the Project Execution Plan for a $50 million project to reduce benzene levels in gasoline.
- Managing the project team through the process design, project funding, and initial stages of execute
- Leading the contractor selection process.
- Facilitating a cost reduction and execution efficiency program to target a 10% investment savings.
Turnaround Lead and Consultant
- Provided expertise in reviewing turnaround and project practices and processes.
- Provided ongoing mentoring of owner staff in application of best practices for turnaround planning and execution, including the review of contracting strategies and plans for a major 2012 shutdown.
Corporate Project Management, Toronto, Canada
- Development and quality control of corporate Project Management and Project Cost Engineering procedures and standards.
- Provided Project Management support to all major capital and turnaround maintenance projects, and consulted on numerous turnaround reviews (both Imperial Oil and ExxonMobil refineries).
ExxonMobil, Baton Rouge Refinery, Turnaround Manager
- Led all turnaround maintenance and capital work associated with the catalytic cracking units and ISBL (Inside Battery Limits).
- Led the development of the execution plan including safety program, contracting strategy, work plans and schedules, budget preparation, cost and schedule controls, and team development.
- Provided constructability guidance and review of the detailed engineering effort.
- Introduced a structured Project Management approach to a major turnaround effort that achieved a $3 million savings against a $60 million budget.
- Developed a construction execution plan which successfully positioned these Catalytic Cracking Units in the first quartile for reliability.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada