- Refinery reliability, maintenance and turnarounds.
- Piping design, and subsea tooling and equipment
- Equipment strategies development for multi-billion dollar capital projects in upstream and downstream facilities including Greenfield and revamp process and production units.
- Refinery turnaround support and refractory equipment repair.
- FCCU maintenance and turnarounds.
- Pressure vessel design.
ExxonMobil Refinery, Torrance, CA and Chalmette, LA, Mechanical Engineer
- Turnaround engineering support and unit coverage - FCC, HF Alkylation, Crude, Coker, Sulfur, hydrotreating, hydrocracking and utilities units.
- Profitability project engineering to capture margin opportunities.
- Turnaround work list development and risk-based work selection.
- Equipment strategy updates, pre and post-turnarounds using Pestra software.
- Refractory repair and wholesale replacement criteria development and execution.
- Pressure vessel repair and replacement criteria development and execution.
- Catastrophic expander failure damage assessment and repair plan.
- Fire damage assessment and repair plan.
- Provided engineering services for Continuous Catalyst Regeneration Unit screen repair.
- Evaluated pressure vessels and heat exchanger shells, flanges and nozzles using VCESage and PV Elite software, for compliance with ASME, TEMA and API standards.
Deep Marine Technology, Houston, TX, Mechanical Engineer
- Designed, tested, and manufactured subsea tooling and equipment.
- Served as Pilot aboard Deep Worker 2000 submersible.
Bechtel Plant Machinery Inc., Monroeville, PA, Project Engineer
- Tested and evaluated design specifications for performance of manual valves.
- Designed and recommended valve testing program to satisfy performance requirements.
Honors & Publications
- API Certified 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector
- In-depth knowledge of Auto Cad 3D Design, PV Elite, Ansys and Math Cad, VCESage 8.0, Caesar II Software
- Bi-lingual, (Spanish) Mechanical Engineering Expert with specialized knowledge in refinery equipment technical support and construction of subsea tools and equipment.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA.
- B.S. (Minor), Biomedical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA.