- Structural characterization and qualification of pharmaceutical API's, intermediates and metabolites using both 1H and 13C-NMR.
- Deformulation analysis of generic and pharmaceutical products.
- Stereospecific of chirally pure herbicides and fungicides.
- Facile synthesis of a series of novel Class II Mesoionic Xanthine Acyclonucleosides.
- Purine nucleoside analogs.
- Synthetic method for the preparation of the Dopamine-1 receptor antagonists SKF-85366 and SCH-23390.
- Synthesis of 18F-Spiperone as a radioligand for imaging Dopamine-2 receptors in vivo using Positron Emission Tomography (PET).
Expert Witness Experience
- Product liability case involving burning of consumer by gel-candle, (US District Court, Louisiana).
- Medical Device liability case.
Undisclosed Company, President and Founder, 2009 - 2015
- Provide private independent chemical consulting services to clients.
- Investigate and keep up to date with novel cutting edge technologies such as quantum computing, lasers, radio frequency (RF) devices and quantum phenomena.
- Investigate and develop holistic healing modalities incorporating proprietary frequency recipes and algorithms, light and sound therapies and natural Schumann resonance devices.
- Provide proprietary biofeedback services using random number generator modules produced by Psyleron, Inc.
Lifeworks Foundation, Ltd., East Sussex Country, England, Scientific Coordinator, 2008 - 2009
- Coordinate numerous scientific projects relating to agriculture, soil and water.
- Prepared several novel ceramic compounds as potential catalysts for hydrogenation and or polymerization reactions.
- Investigated novel technologies and their impact on fermentation and germination rates.
Independent Consultant, St. Louis, MO, Consultant, 2007 - 2008
- Provided independent chemical consulting services to the pharmaceutical industry and expert witness testimony to the legal community.
Chemir Analytical Services, St. Louis, MO, Project Leader, 2002 - 2007
- Leader of Separations/Custom Synthesis Group. Managed four chemists (3 Ph.D., 1 M.S.) and numerous analytical and synthetic projects for outside clients.
- Maintained customer contact from beginning to end of projects.
- Managed many legal projects, including patent litigation support and providing expert witness testimony when needed.
- Deformulated many pharmaceutical and generic products for clients.
- Responsible for obtaining routine 1H, 13C and 31P-NMR spectra on a Bruker 270 MHz NMR.
- Responsible for IQ/OQ/PQ and writing of all SOP's applicable to acquiring and processing of NMR data.
- Responsible for routine maintenance of the NMR instruments including cryogenic fills, shimming, probe and decoupler tuning.
- Routinely ran 2D COSY, DEPT, and HETCOR NMR experiments for the elucidation of more complex molecules.
- Quantified analytes in complex mixtures by NMR.
- Performed GMP and GLP analytical projects.
- GMP NMR structural confirmation and characterization of active pharmaceutical compounds (API's) and pharmaceutical intermediates.
Reliable Biopharmaceutical Corp., St. Louis, MO, 2001 - 2002
Senior Scientist/Production Supervisor
- Large scale GLP production of modified and DMT-protected nucleosides and deoxynucleosides.
- Production and process development of nucleosides and deoxynucleosides at the 5-50Kg level.
- Followed and prepared SOP's and PBR's.
- Scale-up was accomplished by first using multigram-scale (research scale) reactions and then scale-up to 22L flasks.
- Final scale-up was accomplished using 50 and 75 gallon glass-lined Pfaudler reactors.
Fortune Personnel Consultants of Bergen County, Rochelle Park, NJ, 2000 - 2001
- Recruited and placed top flight candidates in the Pharmaceutical R&D and Biotechnology industries.
Synaptic Pharmaceutical Corp., Paramus, NJ, Scientist, 1998 - 2000
- Synthesized over 150 compounds as part of a lead optimization strategy for the Neuropeptide Y and Galanin programs.
Celgro Corporation, Annandale, NJ, Scientist, 1996 - 1998
- Synthesized a number of enantiomerically pure herbicides and fungicides for a study designed to determine the active or most active enantiomer.
Virginia State University, Petersburg, VA, Scientist, 1993 - 1996
- Successfully initiated a program to synthesize a new class of Mesoionic Xanthine Acyclonucleosides as potential antiviral and anti-neoplastic agents.
- Taught undergraduate courses in Organic Chemistry and General Chemistry Laboratory.
Pharm-Eco Labs, Inc., Lexington, MA, Principal Assistant Investigator, 1992 - 1993
- Synthesized highly lipophilic quinoline anti-malarial compounds under cGMP procedures for the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR).
Ansys Diagnostics, Inc, , Irvine, CA, Senior Scientist, 1991 - 1992
- Successfully initiated and completed a program to synthesize 19 different bonded phases on novel chromatographic media to be used for the detection and analysis of drugs and substances of abuse in urine.
ICN Biomedicals, Inc. , Irvine, CA, Senior Research Chemist, 1990 - 1991
- Synthesized a number of C-14 labeled compounds for production purposes.
- Discovered a simpler and more efficient route for the synthesis of [1-14C]-Oleic acid.
Advanced ImmunoTherapeutics, Inc., Irvine, CA, Senior Scientist, 1988 - 1990
- Conceived, initiated and successfully completed an entire technology platform designed to produce drug candidates for the treatment of neurological disorders including Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's
- Disease and Schizophrenia.
Honors & Publications
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Cerebrovascular Research Center, Cyclotron/PET Facility
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Basic & Clinical Immunology and Microbiology
- Isis Base, Chemical Inventory Management System (CIMS), Reaction Browser, ACD Find, Microsoft Word 2002, WordPerfect 6.1, Excel, ChemWindow 3.1, Molecular Modeling, Alchemy III, MathCad, Mathematica 6.0, HyperChem for Windows, STN Express, ACD/Labs and MathType.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- New York Academy of Sciences (NYAS)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Honored Member of Empire's Who's Who among Professionals and Executives
- Sigma Xi Research Society
Publications and Patents
- 12 Publications: Author and Co-Author of numerous publications
- 3 U.S. Patents
- Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, Polytechnic University, Brooklyn, NY
- B.S. Chemistry, Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY