- Computer language design and implementation.
- New business development.
- Technical presentations, proposals, and customer interactions.
- Developing and managing world-class technical sales support organizations for enterprise software companies.
- Investigating situations -- often in a research or trouble-shooting capacity, prototyping and innovative product creation.
- Over sees technical development, electronic commerce computing and responsible for building the technology that manages the dynamic me-book content.
Undisclosed Company, Managing Director, 2013 Present
- Process customer's plans and ideas to the next level.
- Clarify clients' objectives, assist customers with technology-strategy, implementation plans and reduce costs.
- Create; strategy, marketing, message, product scope, implementation and go-to-market plans.
Schooner Networks, LLC, Managing Director, 2010 - 2013
- Worked as consultant for a variety of clients doing research, engineering, product development and created new product concepts.
- Strategy through business development and marketing and even coding, making ideas into business reality.
Quantum Leap Innovations, Inc., Newark, DE, Chief Operating Officer, 2009 - 2010
- Managed research, engineering and product development teams and created new product concepts.
- Drove business from research and development posture to commercial software.
Epok,Inc., Bethesda, MD, Chief Technology Officer, 2006 - 2009
- Evangelized Epok's products in sales situations.
- Created ideas behind Epok's current products of secure extranet management.
- Led development of Epok's federated access management server suite and its beachhead product for Microsoft SharePoint.
- Senior member of executive team and involved in all primary company objectives.
82 North, LLC. , Hockessin, DE Managing Director, 2001 - 2006
- Created application service provider (SaaS offering), consulting and software business around internet-based credit card services for small and non-profit businesses.
- Developed product plans, personally engineered several software products.
- Performed all activities running the business.
Breakthrough Commerce, LLC., Wilmington, DE, Chief Technology Officer, 2000 - 2001
- Developed 4 Internet-related businesses, managed all aspects of the startup process with respect to technical issues and potential solutions.
- Performed technical due diligence on emergent opportunities.
- Hired and managed a staff of 4 for the support of the businesses as the businesses went through their development phases.
ElectronDirect, Wilmington, DE, Chief Technology
- Created technical offerings around a distributed generation of electric power business.
- Developed concepts for the creation of a real-time electrical energy reservation system.
America Online, Inc. , Sterling, VA, Vice President of Technology, 1999 - 2000
- Worked in the Office of the Chief Technology Officer as a technical analyst on strategic business opportunities facing AOL.
- Performed technical due diligence for potential AOL investments in AOL Ventures (AOL's "VC department").
- Assisted in the development of the AOL Anywhere wired/wireless business strategy.
- Developed an internal technology strategy for the integration of key Netscape businesses into AOL.
Netscape Communications, Inc., Mt. View, CA , Vice President - Systems Engineering, 1994 - 1999
- First field-based sales engineer for Netscape.
- Built and managed the entire North American Systems Engineering organization (155 people) in support of Netscape's North American Direct Sales group.
- North America accounted for about 70% of Netscape's revenues throughout the five years of its existence.
- Exceeded quota 18 out of 19 fiscal quarters.
- Personally led technical teams that closed four of the largest deals Netscape ever won: AT&T ($7 million), Department of Defense ($3 million), Chrysler ($15 million) and Citibank ($70 million).
- Acted as the senior technical person between Netscape and its largest customers including the U.S. Government. Managed a "tiger team" of 12 for the quick response to customer needs around application and operational support.
- Managed a team who handled premium support for customer "code red" support and deployment issues.
Anderson Financial Systems, Inc., Springhouse, PA, Vice President of Marketing, 1993 - 1994
- Directed the marketing efforts for a small NeXSTEP-based Independent Software Vendor.
- Programmed large sections of WriteUp, a word processor for NeXSTEP.
- Produced advertising materials, software manuals, and trade shows materials for WriteUp and PasteUp (a page layout package like Quark Express).
Pencom Software, Inc., Austin, TX, Vice President of Business Development, 1993
- Acted as a consulting services salesman for Pencom Software (what was then a consulting services firm owned by Pencom Systems, the technical recruiting agency) in the Eastern U.S. covered New York, Baltimore and Washington.
Director of Systems Engineering - Director of Product Marketing, Developer Tools, 1988 - 1993
- Directed and managed the Eastern United States sales support efforts for NeXT's direct sales force.
- Hired a team of about 15 people, this team was spread throughout the Eastern U.S.
- Directed the Product Marketing of NeXTSTEP, NeXT's object oriented software development environment. (NeXTSTEP is the basis for Apple's Mac OS X.)
- Personally responsible for several of NeXT's largest customers, including critical U.S. Government customers.
- Developed software for the NeXTSTEP platform, and assisted in Demo development for many of NeXT's key product introductions.
Sun Microsystems, Inc., Mountain View, CA, Senior Systems Engineering Manager, 1985 - 1988
- Performed as sales support engineer for the sales of Sun hardware into customer sites in the greater Boston and great Philadelphia areas.
- Acted as primary author on any number of RFP responses for both the US Govt. and General Electric.
- Authored the technical sections of the proposal for the successful bid of "High Powered Workstations" for the National Security Agency at Fort Meade, MD.
- Demonstrated new Sun hardware and software to customers and prospects.
- Acted as the system and LAN Administrator (UNIX) for the King of Prussia, PA sales office (about 35 people).
Mitre Corporation, Bedford, MA, Soft Analyst. 1984 - 1985
- Developed software in Ada for Air Force real-time systems.
- Produced reports on applicability of various technologies for classified systems.
- B.S. Computer Science, Purdue University West Lafayette, IN