- Product development programs and projects.
- Analyze markets, align technology solutions with healthcare market needs, develop insights and business strategy for future customer needs.
- Develop initiatives programs and drive action plans.
- Defining and executing winning strategies for successful business growth through deployment of strategic directions, risk management and operational excellence techniques.
- Pharmaceutical, biotech, diagnostic,and drug discovery.
- CROs, and medical device markets working within matrix team(s) to identify opportunities.
- Appropriate tactics and strategies to drive market share growth and maximize sales performance; identify new ideas or opportunities.
- Alliance Management, Change Management, Project and Portfolio Management
- Brand Marketing Solutions
- Business Development - Business Process Optimization
- Competitive / Market Intelligence
- Customer Surveying
- Key Opinion Leader (KOL) - Knowledge Management
- Drive market share growth and maximize sales performance; identify new ideas or opportunities.
Therapeutic and Scientific Specialties
- Molecular Biology
- Infectious Disease
- Personalized/Precision Medicine
- Molecular Biomarkers
- Companion Diagnostics
Independent Consultant and Entrepreneur, Present
- Provide management consulting and intelligence services to start-up, biotech and established biotech companies.
University of North Carolina, NC, Contractor, 2013
- Designed and led activities to achieve improved entrepreneurial communications and partnerships through implementation of Salesforce RMS tools.
- Implemented salesforce application for key entrepreneurial groups on UNC's campus including: Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Kenan-Flagler Business School - Private Equity Office, and North Carolina Translational and Clinical Sciences (NC TraCS) Institute programs.
Personalized Medicine Focused Consulting Firm, Raleigh, NC, Contractor, 2012 - 2013
- Working with key client stakeholders, utilized expertise in corporate marketing strategy, market development, business analytics, molecular diagnostics emerging trends, marketing and discovery research product technology platforms.
- Lead efforts to offer clients management solutions that exceeded expectations with final written and/or oral deliverables.
- Evaluated and proposed opportunity assessments, strategic biomarker roadmaps, competitor profiling, and more effective client product(s)/service(s) offerings for future growth.
- Generated product technology evaluations to support specific marketing programs.
- Conducted and analyzed "voice of the customer" data together with emerging trends in key markets, to create dashboards, key metrics and strategic recommendations to ensure marketing strategies aligned with CRO service offerings.
- Assisted in developing and presenting product commercial launch strategies and subsequent market development.
- Provided evaluations of cellular, genetic, genomic and proteomic technologies for identification and development of novel biomarkers.
Covidien, Manfiled, MA, 2007 - 2011
Global Strategic Marketing Manager, 2009 - 2011
- Partnered with Business Development to apply strategic program leadership/brand strategy to Division portfolio of organic and inorganic product offerings.
- Managed quarterly portfolio review process and 3-3 Yr strategic planning.
- Served as "liaison manager", working closely with Division & Corporate Business Development team, New Products Marketing team and research and development to formulate strategies for product & market expansions for key focus areas.
- Evaluated U.S. and ex-U.S. companies for product/technology acquisitions.
- Supported Business Development in company acquisitions by scouting & researching new device/technology product opportunities.
- Maintained strong KOL network in scientific community through creation of advisory boards and Investigator, meetings with physicians and venture capital contacts.
Portfolio Process Leader and Marketing Business Analyst, 2007 - 2009
- Lead multiple change management initiatives to institute formalized portfolio management and strategic planning process for business unit.
- Provided input and participated in business development acquisition initiatives. Within 9 months, provided 50% improvement in quality of new product valuation business cases, 60% improvement in product development time to market and acquisition of 3 companies.
- Assumed division lead over quality management of portfolio management systems development and deployment in collaboration with Corporate and IS functional teams.
- Program managed business unit new product development portfolio.
- Managed multiple projects at any given point in time and provided financial modeling tools (NPV, ROI, IRR etc.), and training.
- Mentored and trained cross functional teams consisting of directors, managers, engineers and scientists.
- Introduced best practices and operational excellence techniques that maximized profit margins by decreasing development time and production costs by 20% over previous years.
- Transformed business unit product line extensions portfolio from quality checking to process focused to improve financial performance.
- Leveraged existing functional area partnerships to drive strategic marketing initiatives for organic growth while implementing program enhancements that led to 30% boost in division overall portfolio value.
- Developed strategic synergy plans and authored "playbook" for Division future integrations.
- Program managed integration and alignment of $340 million company acquisition.
- Traveled to track performance, identify needs, drive team participation, facilitate conflict resolution, monitor risk, prioritize projects and present milestones and deliverables to key stakeholders throughout first 1.5 years of integration life-cycle.
Takeda, Cambridge, MA, Business Intelligence Manager, Oncology Dept., 2002 - 2007
- Through partnerships with discovery, preclinical, clinical, quality assurance, commercial, and business development.
- Compiled, analyzed, and interpreted clinical and business intelligence from internal and external sources.
- Provided high impact concise intelligence reports of detailed analysis, strategic recommendations and executive clinical and marketing summaries.
- Contributed to therapeutic area and indication drug development efforts and oncology competitors.
- Lead research efforts in support of clinical, scientific, economic, and business issues associated with key oncology drug programs.
- Conducted quantitative and qualitative research.
- Participated in commercial planning efforts by providing unbiased, objective, in-depth information on current and future markets, pipeline performance, customers and competitors to various audiences.
- Partnered with Discovery, Clinical operations and other functional areas for successful implementation and execution of clinical studies.
- Reviewed, queried, and analyzed clinical trial data, competitor company press releases and company analyst presentations, providing scientific and business relevant feedback to senior management quickly and accurately.
- Interpreted, and delivered oral and written clinical trial data and business intelligence.
- Maintained awareness of scientific and clinical program-relevant trends, particularly those related to oncology pipeline ,clinical candidates.
- Serving as resident intelligence expert to represent Discovery project team or Development program teams or sub teams with regards to business intelligence and during company attendance to conferences.
- Established and managed partnerships with vendors for key intelligence monitoring tools and databases as well as subscription seats.
- Knowledge of biomedical and pharmaceutical databases and conducting searches using Boolean logic/operators.
Senior Operations Manager - Drug Development Technology Platforms, 2002 - 2005
- Developed effective blend of best practices and teamwork-based culture combined with execution of organizational goals, strategies and measures.
- Established and developed applied research and technologies business processes for company-wide drug discovery platform technologies.
- Managed all operational aspects including compliance, capital purchases, alliances, budgets, performance metrics, vendor relationships, contract negotiations, risk mitigation, and sourcing logistics.
- Assumed operational leadership role as Division Operations Manager for nine core technology centers: Molecular and Cellular Biology, Transcriptional Profiling, Structural Biology, Gene Expression and Large Scale Production, and Protein. Purification, Antibody Technologies, Assay Development and Protein Mass Spectrometry, serving as lead business liaison and contact to expedite execution of Discovery Research organization, non-science business needs and objectives.
- Partnered, planned and implemented operational business and policy changes aligned with Human Resources (HR), Sourcing, Finance, Accounting Payable and Receivables, Facilities, and Licensing and Contracts initiatives.
- Drove change management techniques that included consensus building, and new departmental cross-training opportunities that increased employee retention in competitive external environment.
- Managed $20 million budget while deploying transformation and turnaround change management initiatives.
- Developed detailed budget review cost reduction plan, that resulted in overall improved lead-time and turn-around-time for business-related operational change implementations.
- Achieved financial targets including achieving 95% COX compliance, reducing capital spending by 30% and overall cost savings of over $1 million.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Association for Strategic Planning (ASP)
- Science of Strategy Institute
- Strategic & Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP)
Publications and Patents
- Author, publication in a technical journal.
- M.A. Oncology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Ph.D. Immunology-Pathology Boston University Medical School, Boston, MA